Electrolytes and hydration

Options
demorelli
demorelli Posts: 508 Member
Recently started drinking more water. Going for a gallon because of my weight but I have yet to get over 64 ounces in a day. Since doing that I've stated getting mild headaches some evenings and mild lightheadedness throughout the day.

Can I get recommendations on your favorite electrolyte drink recipes and ways you like to incorporate it into your cooking?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't make electrolyte drinks, I buy powder and mix it into water (I tend to use Base Performance), but Nuun/Gatorade/Powerade etc are all options
  • Abkuroneko
    Abkuroneko Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will fill my cup up with water, add in 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of no salt (which is potassium) and a squirt of mio or whatever. Tastes like Gatorade!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking so much water that you are depleting your electrolytes, you're drinking too much water.

I get most of my electrolytes from my food. The only time I actively supplement is during endurance stuff, particularly in the summer when it's 100+*
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I love to drink my aminos in a large water bottle and I add a sachet of ener-c brand vitamin c crystals. The amino's help to feed my muscles the protein that I consume and the vitamin C gives me a little boost of energy I drink this before during and after my workout
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love vitamin water zero lemonade. It is sweetened with stevia. O calories 0 sugar. And has electrolytes!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Vega Brand has electrolyte pouches which are a life saver and they are 0 calories. I recently went Keto so I really need to boost my electrolytes, my daily staples include spinach, avacados, nuts, himalayan salt, poppy seeds. If your not low carb you can add bananas, potatoes, tomatoes, coconut water into your diet.