Fridays are hard!

Options
Does anyone else struggle with keeping within their calorie budget on Fridays?

I work Mon-Friday and days can be somewhat long. By Friday, all I want to do is go home and comfort eat.

Any tips on how to stay motivated after a long week at work?

Replies

• Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well, we usually go out to eat on Fridays, so in order to eat my fish fry and drink my beer, I usually eat slightly less during the week in order to keep my weekly deficit. I still log everything Friday nights, but I know how much I can eat and drink. Some weeks I didn't create enough deficit, so I need to order baked tilapia and a vegetable medley instead (still drinking my beer though!) Sure, I might weigh a little more on Saturday mornings, but since those mornings are also my most intensive workout, I need the fuel anyway.

So, if you know in advance that you eat more on Fridays, you can plan for it. Or, if there are certain things that you emotionally crave that you don't think you can handle all the time, you can make sure you don't cave in by not having it around when you get home. Or, make a new habit for Friday nights. Instead of going home, go the the gym, or go for a walk, or go shopping (window only if you want!) Get together with friends in a non-food environment. Or even if there is food, focus on your friends instead of the food...I find I eat less when I'm with other people.

Good luck!
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well for today, I decided to go with @marieamethyst's advice and just call it a cheat day. But starting tomorrow, I'll plan better.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Katimira wrote: »
    Well for today, I decided to go with @marieamethyst's advice and just call it a cheat day. But starting tomorrow, I'll plan better.

Enjoy and relax! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    Katimira wrote: »
    Does anyone else struggle with keeping within their calorie budget on Fridays?

I work Mon-Friday and days can be somewhat long. By Friday, all I want to do is go home and comfort eat.

Any tips on how to stay motivated after a long week at work?
    Stand in front of your mirror naked while you eat comfort food.
    Listen, you're either going to feel comforted by food, or comforted by how your progress is going. Motivation for EITHER is UP TO YOU. So what's more important to you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I happily cheat every weekend, beginning Friday night and ending when I get to work on Monday.

I keep calories down the rest of the week to allow this.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I always bank calories for the weekend. Makes life so much easier.