Habit eating

Options
Last night my boyfriend went to a friend's house and sent me a message before he came home asking if I wanted anything. Usually I will ask for a candy bar or gummy bears. I started to say I wanted a candy bar but couldn't decide what kind. I realized I didn't actually want a candy bar or anything else but was only saying yes out of habit. Has anyone else found themselves eating out of habit?

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    All the time. It's one of the harder changes to make. I used to put the kids to bed, and automatically put together a cheese and cracker tray to eat while watching TV. Totally mindless snacking. Now I pre-log for a 100-ish calorie snack and ponder my hunger level before I actually do it. Good job for recognizing it for what it is!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    All the time. It's one of the harder changes to make. I used to put the kids to bed, and automatically put together a cheese and cracker tray to eat while watching TV. Totally mindless snacking. Now I pre-log for a 100-ish calorie snack and ponder my hunger level before I actually do it. Good job for recognizing it for what it is!

There have been several time he asked me and I said yes but couldn't think of what I wanted and said surprise me and ate whatever it was. Last night I look at my calories and had enough left to get something but really didn't want anything and said no. To be honest it felt strange and got me thinking about how often I snack just because I'm "supposed to".