Options
    uggins311 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    Olympic Lifting

Oh hell yeah! I knew I liked you!

lol @Gimsteinn ... now can we talk about our snatches???

Ahh *kitten* snatches.. My most hated lift. I keep falling on my *kitten* lol
    You're good at it?

some days yes, some days no... but like most guys, i will overestimate my ability at the snatch, only to under perform and leaving you wonder if i had ever done one before

That sounds like my snatches lol. You're not an Olympic lifter are your? You look more like a crossfitter.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Olympic Lifting

You're good at it?

some days yes, some days no... but like most guys, i will overestimate my ability at the snatch, only to under perform and leaving you wonder if i had ever done one before

That sounds like my snatches lol. You're not an Olympic lifter are your? You look more like a crossfitter.

Crossfitter.... I'll go ahead and sit back and listen to hate :)
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Olympic Lifting

You're good at it?

Yeah I figured you were one lol ;) no hate.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Olympic Lifting

You're good at it?

Yeah I figured you were one lol ;) no hate.

I am used to getting some hat for it... I welcome it anymore
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    walking, hiking, dancing. swimming but not done often
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I run far, and lift heavy things..
  • Carlos0690
    Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I run far, and lift heavy things..

Simple but effective I like it !
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hiking is by far my favorite. But I also enjoy shooting hoops quite a bit. Most of my 'exercise' is really more activity than formal exercise.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    favorite exercise? Is that some sort of oxymoron? :p
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    BodyCombat, hiking, OCRs
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Everything that makes me wanna scream and leaves me feeling like I'm about to die but I love intense workouts. The more intense, the more I love them.
    Currently, handstand push ups, burpees and pull ups (strict, butterfly and kipping) are my favourite but my least favourite would be the bloody bike!

Rock climbing is great for that. Outdoors, I mean, not in a gym. That moment when your body weight is hanging off a couple of fingers and you look 80 feet down to the ground below you is more intense than any lift I've ever done. :smile:
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    viadzl7zfo3c.jpg
    Exercising horses! Not that I get to do it these days (moved countries twice now - yay military life) but I used to do it daily and I was SO fit and healthy and happy. Nothing like a gallop down a beach on a cold, early morning!
    But other than that, I like hiking/walking with my dogs, and running. And yoga - but I tend to "forget" to do it.
    Hoping that when we move (again) we will be somewhere that gets snow - that's the best exercise: walking/hiking in snow. I might even learn to ski!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Runner for life.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Everything that makes me wanna scream and leaves me feeling like I'm about to die but I love intense workouts. The more intense, the more I love them.
    Currently, handstand push ups, burpees and pull ups (strict, butterfly and kipping) are my favourite but my least favourite would be the bloody bike!

Rock climbing is great for that. Outdoors, I mean, not in a gym. That moment when your body weight is hanging off a couple of fingers and you look 80 feet down to the ground below you is more intense than any lift I've ever done. :smile:

Oh no.. I can't do rock climbing I have a huge fear of falling. As in so much so that I can't even let go of the bar wile doing pull ups..
    Tried rock climbing once.. Never again.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    That's what the rope is for. :smile: And it doesn't get much more intense than facing down your fears, right?
  • LeonardRoan
    LeonardRoan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Being a power lifter I love benching, and squats. For fat burning/cardio, I love difficult hiking trails, swimming, and the elliptical machine.