At a standstill! Need some motivation and advice!

Options
I started my journey on December 20th, I figured why not start this off at the toughest time of year. In total since then have lost 6.8 pounds. Which is great! But this week I'm still the exact same weight I was last week, hasn't even moved an ounce. Still logging everything I eat, staying at or slightly below 1200, not by much. I know I need to drink more water, sometimes I only get 4 cups in.

Anyone have advice or motivation to help get me through this part? I kinda Felt like I failed this week even though I know I shouldn't feel this way.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This is completely normal and you should expect weeks like this. Here's a read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

And congrats on your progress so far!!!
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a long journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November & using Apple Watch ⌚️

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal, particularly as a female as changing hormones over the month can cause huge fluctuations in weight, mainly water weight. Stick with it.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing girl! You've came this far. No turning back. You recognize you need to add more water... work on that. Are you eating plenty of veggies and fruits?? The things you see yourself that you need or could improve on... work towards bettering. You'll start seeing more come off!!

Add me if you like and I'll try to help encourage you through.

About me...
    HW 263
    CW 248
    STG 199 <~~~ can't wait to come in under 200!
    LTG 175
    Height 5'6"
    Age 43
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The scale is a fickle thing. There are times when I know that I had had a good week, and I either stayed the same or gained as much as a couple pounds for no reason whatsoever. Then the next week would show a 4 pound or so loss. No rhyme or reason.

As hard as it is when it happens, I have to remind myself that it does happen and to wait a week before I blow a gasket or really become upset about it.
  • mrssto78
    mrssto78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's a normal occurance and nothing you've done "wrong". I recommend taking measurements to use as comparison when the scale doesn't move. It can be very depressing and sap your motivation to see no progress. I've yet to be disappointed with the measurements when the scale hates me :) (To be clear, I don't measure at all when the scale does move) Keep up the good work!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    As per the others, don't get discouraged . Great job so far! I hate water and drink it when I'm thirsty. I'm older (62) and can't exercise as much as I used to. I still lose weight by calorie counting, weighing food, being honest, and not kicking myself when I slip. I've been on here for several years and have lost my weight and regained. This is my third time losing. Maintenance can be a bear, so work on developing long term portion control and good eating habits. You want to continue your new eating program after you reach your goal weight (which you will if you stick with it).