Specific recomp question

Hi guys,
I posted a kind of similar post to this about my ski trip. Basically I'm doing a recomp and eat more on strength days and less on rest or cardio days. If I go to pure barre tomorrow, would that be a strength day? Or is it not like strenuous enough? I hope I'm not being too nit picky I just don't wanna mess up

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I wouldn't over think it, recomp is more about overall calorie balance and weight/body fat trends. If you want more tomorrow and you haven't been gaining I don't think it will hurt anything.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Yes you are being far too nit picky.
    Clearly all the responses to your skiing thread didn't convince you that you are waaaaaaay over-thinking this.

Recomp is normal - you train, you eat, you recomp - hard to mess that up! It doesn't need to be micro managed in the way you are attempting to do. You are putting yourself through a load of anxiety for no good reason.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I would treat skiing like a cardio day, not a weights day, because you're not going to be creating the kind of muscle overload skiing. Take it from a skiier, headed to Big Sky end of March. Though why do you eat less on cardio days, since you're burning more then?