Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Huel and exercise... will it work :o

About 20st, looking to see if using Huel as my main source of nutrition, and regular cardio exercise will make a difference to my 100% sedentary life.

A small bit of background - I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which sucks, and over time, has rendered me pretty much housebound. However, as my legs are the main issue with me walking (oddly enough), it was suggested that a treadmill might be a good idea to try.

So with that, and the huel food replacement (not all meals, I'll be eating real food at least once a day), I'll see how things go.

Already managed a brisk 1km walk which for me, is a pretty big thing... I'm filling out my blog on here to record how I get on.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    Welcome to MFP. :)

I just watched a video on Huel because I didn't know what it was. If you make sure you're in a calorie deficit then it could work. However if you consume as many calories with Huel as you do with normal food, then it won't make much of a difference in terms of weight loss. Have you met with a nutritionist yet? This could help you design a plan that works for you including the powder for part of your intake.

It is great that you've started walking. Every step you take is a step toward a healthier you. :)
  • zKaltern
    zKaltern Posts: 2 Member
    The Huel is to ensure that the food I am 'eating' is much better for me than the choices I was making previously. I am using it as a calorie controlled diet rather than worrying about WHAT I'm eating. My calorie count was far too high for a sedentary lifestyle, so theoretically I should benefit from it.
  • quesoylibro1313
    quesoylibro1313 Posts: 2 Member
    How has been so far?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    zKaltern wrote: »
    The Huel is to ensure that the food I am 'eating' is much better for me than the choices I was making previously. I am using it as a calorie controlled diet rather than worrying about WHAT I'm eating. My calorie count was far too high for a sedentary lifestyle, so theoretically I should benefit from it.

But how/when do you ever learn how to eat better?