Recomp...how did you decide if you were ready?

2»

Replies

• aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    I don't think you should should curtail results in one goal no matter how insignificant in pursuit of an opposing goal. I say that not because I don't think you're ready to "recomp", but more because I'm not sure how long and steady you've maintained the lifestyle and trajectory you are currently on.

At 130lb, eating 1500, with 2 hours in the gym and being in your 30's, I'd expect that though progress is slowing, it's nowhere near stalling. My best advice is to get down to 20% (for you, about 120lbs), and see where exercise performance is.

My que to "recomp" has always been when I've noticed a drastic loss in performance in the gym, or a heavy decrease in energy levels as a whole throughout the day, which it seems you havent arrived at yet.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    It's because a lot of people don't realize they need to lift while losing and find they have lost too much muscle along the way.

This was me.

I was purely calorie counting, lost the weight I wanted to, and unsurprisingly was not happy with where I ended up.

I think its taken about a year of lifting to get me back to an average muscular base, and its only now Im beginning to 'body build' (if thats the term Im looking for).