Enjoying MFP

Options
Katimira
Katimira Posts: 50 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Katimira.

I'm 40 years old. I gained 15 pounds in the last few years to reach a point where I'm nearing the top of what is considered a healthy BMI for me. I'm learning a lot on MFP, especially about why I was gaining weight. Turns out, there was a lot of fat hidden in my favourite snacks: nuts, nuts and more nuts with a side of coconut. I'm keeping them in the diet, but trying to portion control now.

I'm surfing the forums and love the advice. I hope it's the right place for me. I know I don't have a lot to lose, but the motivation of the people here is inspiring.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nuts are killer for me, I can't stop at a handful. I don't buy them anymore. You can me, if you want.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nuts are killer for me, I can't stop at a handful. I don't buy them anymore. You can me, if you want.

I used to sit in front of my computer and eat handful after handful. Right now I portion and bring just what is allowed.

My ultimate weakness is peanut butter. I used to have pb & j toast every morning. Right now I usually have it as a snack. Don't think I could ever completely cut out peanut butter.