Anyone else have heart problems and trying to lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    alid8333 wrote: »
    If you are in the us you should be able to appeal the procedure denial and could win if your Dr shows it is medically necessary for you. I had 2 types of svts that were not well controlled w meds - dealt w that for 20 years and had an ablation 3 years ago - it was absolutely life changing and worth it. Good luck with the weight loss and getting your heart issues fixed.

We already did an appeal. Because I'm 33 what i have wrong the insurance doesn't consider life threatening. Oh but at 35 years old I guess it is lol. Gotta love insurance. Only way they will do it before I'm 35 is if my heart muscle starts to become damaged or worse. It's ridiculous.

I was 32 when I had my ablation. Insurance paid for all of it.
  • alid8333
    alid8333 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    alid8333 wrote: »
    If you are in the us you should be able to appeal the procedure denial and could win if your Dr shows it is medically necessary for you. I had 2 types of svts that were not well controlled w meds - dealt w that for 20 years and had an ablation 3 years ago - it was absolutely life changing and worth it. Good luck with the weight loss and getting your heart issues fixed.

We already did an appeal. Because I'm 33 what i have wrong the insurance doesn't consider life threatening. Oh but at 35 years old I guess it is lol. Gotta love insurance. Only way they will do it before I'm 35 is if my heart muscle starts to become damaged or worse. It's ridiculous.

I was 32 when I had my ablation. Insurance paid for all of it.

I ended up having one this past Tuesday.