Hi! Hi! Hi!

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Courtney and I am pretty new to this place.. I am 26 years old and live in Utah, have 2 step-daughters and 2 sons. I just barely gave birth to my second son almost 10 weeks ago... My husband and I are done having kids and I finally decided I am SO not happy with my body.. in fact... I HATE it!! I want to feel good about myself.. and feel beautiful... My husband is a great motivator because he knows I want it.. and I want it for ME! I have the Wii, Wii Fit Plus, and the Biggest Loser Game as well as 5 different Tae-Bo dvds I work out to.. My goal is to lose 76lbs and be in great condition. I have almost lost all of my baby weight I gained with son number 2.. but I want to lose more! I don't really have a time goal.. like how long I have to lose it.. my goal is more of trying to get a really good workout every day... making sure that I hurt the next day in order for me to know that I actually did something... Any suggestions on how to keep motivated if I start to lose motivation... and if there is anyone that would like to come along for my journey and help me out I would love to have ya! Best of luck to everyone else out there... I hope your battle is not as hard as mine is going to be!

Replies

• steph_armstrong
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Congrats on you 2nd son! Sounds like you have a great support system. I have been losing weight for a year and a half...2 weeks here on MFP and its a fantastic way to log in everything and find motivation. I still have 117lbs to go. I use small goals like 5lbs goals and celebrate the small stuff. Feel free to add me.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is a brilliant site and I second what Steph above said, it is so motivational - only trouble is it is addictive too :laugh:

You'll find lots of support here too and if you find yourself starting to wane, all you have to do is let those on your buddy list know or even post a message on the Boards and there will always be somebody there to support you and gee you on. Feel free to add me too, we can all support each other then :flowerforyou:
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Your body is still working on flushing out them baby carrying hormones.

I hate all those US and People magazine "new mom" photo that show a perfect bode on a new actress/reality star mom. They have nannies and housekeepers and cooks. If you had to do nothing but take of yourself, you'd be Ms Perfect yourself. You, like most of us, are just human.

Do what you can. Eat right every day. (Or al least most of the days) Do enough exercise to get in shape, but you don't have "hurt" to get progress. Again, your body is still recoverying. Let yourself heal. You've got a small infant. You've got three other kids in your life. If you eat right, exercise at little, take care of your kids, and the stuff of your life, then you are flippin superhero. Just remember ~ No capes. (Capes weight at least 2 pounds.)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will find this site helpful and I like that you are not setting a time goal that you are just focusing on the good habits that will get you there, I am trying this approach as well.