Routine and exercise help

Options
Hi guys so now I'm back at the gym and getting really board as I feel like I've no direction.

I'd love a pt but I'm moving so I can't justify spending till after I'm settled.

My routine now has flatlined after a week and I need to get my focus back.

So I usually do 25 mins cardio via C25K in running at about 11mph and then walking at 5.5mph

Then stretches to limber up.

Then weights.

I'd like to use my whole gym and the sauna but I need to organise myself to be able to do this.

Anyone who is a pt can they help. Thanks so much

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Choose a lifting programme... strong lifts, strong curves, new rules of lifting, whichever you fancy
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Find a good lifting program that suits your needs. Plant of free resources (5x5, ice cream, bodybuilding.com, NROL). If you are at a gym ask for form help from the PTS there or someone who is there often. Don't worry they don't bite. We were all beginners at some point.
  • LeeBGoode
    LeeBGoode Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I second TavistockToad. An actual program is great to inspire focus and purpose. Also, do you have a performance based goal? Something other than losing weight? Perhaps if you had some sort of race or meet or other type of similar goal it might energize your routine.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm back at the gym and getting really board as I feel like I've no direction.

I'd like to use my whole gym...
    There's no need to use the whole gym. As mentioned above, find a program and use the gym equipment that the program demands.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A trsiner could still be a good investment. They can help you set up a routine that you can take with you.
  • queencoombs
    queencoombs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is pretty good - find a programme you like the look of or take a few elements from different ones! I also found Pinterest really good - keep it exciting! Get lifting - chicks who lift have THE best bodies!!