Should I do more?

sidpadte87
sidpadte87 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost 20 pounds in last 3 months. I have switched to a clean diet with no junk or packaged food. I also completed JM bodyshred and now on p90x3 block 2. But since last 1 month the scale isn't moving :/
I was thinking to start doing 22 minute hard corps in the evening while continuing p90x3 in morning. Will this cause any problems or can I go ahead and do it?
Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Have you adjusted your calorie goal after you lost weight?
  • sidpadte87
    sidpadte87 Posts: 4 Member

Nope... should I decrease it further?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    sidpadte87 wrote: »

Nope... should I decrease it further?
    If you aren't losing weight, you are eating at maintenance. You may be having a good calorie goal, but if you aren't logging correctly, you may be eating more than you think. If you ARE logging correctly, and you ARE NOT at a healthy weight already, you need to lower your calorie goal, and keep logging correctly.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 852 Member
    Yup. Updating your Goal page every 10 lbs (or every month) is a good idea. MFP doesn't automatically update it. On the bright side, it doesn't take a lot of calories off when it updates.

If your body feels up to more exercise, go for it, but try and be aware that weight loss is primarily a food issue, rather than an activity issue. If your weight loss is stalling, you might try looking at your calorie Reports, eating less of your exercise calories, or opening your diary and letting some more experienced MFP'ers look it over for you.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Agreed with the above posters. Probably time to look at your logging, recalculate the calories, and drop it down just a bit more. Your workouts have to be sustainable for you, same as the way of eating for your weight loss to be permanent. So for not burning out, don't go too crazy on either. But if you enjoy extra hard work out here and there, sure thing, include it by all means. Just keep in mind, that working out is for fitness goals, and what and how much you eat is for weight loss. Good luck.
  • rcrough
    rcrough Posts: 23 Member
    I have also hit plateaus. Even when I clearly have weight still to lose. Nothing changes as far as logging calories, there are no adjustments to be made, just a stuck scale. When this happens, the only thing that seems to work for me is to up my game. It sounds like you have a good exercise routine, one easy way to add more is walking more in addition to your workout. Start counting your steps, park your car far away, take the stairs, go to the mall, whatever. I see a definite correlation between the calories I burn and my weight loss. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You may be retaining water from p90x3

Do you weigh everything you eat with scales?