Need to add abs to my workout

Options
I currently lift on an upper lower split 4 times a week. Lower, upper, off, lower, upper, off, off, I want to add dedicated ab exercises to my routine but I'm not sure where to put them so they don't affect the next day's workout. My compound exercises are not enough to make my abs pop.

Replies

• trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do them every day I strength train, regardless of the split. I use them as breaks in between super sets. So, for example, I might be doing a superset of squats and lunges, so in between I will do jack knifes, or planks. I don't find it affects me the next day, even if that's another workout day.

I read somewhere that unilateral strength training exercises use the core more, for stabilisation. So, for example, an offset squat (where you hold a weight like a kettlebell or barbell plate on one shoulder while squatting).
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i do my abs at the end of my workouts. 4 times a week. I alternate days of lower rep heavy (3 sets of 8 or 12 x something), and high rep low weight (3 sets of 25 x something)
  • mbird2132
    mbird2132 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I will do them after all workouts and do a mix of heavyweight and then lightweight to match the heavy/light days I do for my main lifts. Thanks again