Fixing a bad night

Options
I ate 1500 more calories than i should have. Does anyone have any go to tips for the next day. Ill get my workout on, but fasting? Fruits?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Go back to your normal calorie deficit today.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its one day.

not the end of the world.

carry on as usual today....
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    like the others have said. log it and then carry on as normal the next day
    it happened, it might even happen again. just keep on trying
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A new day - start again. We all have those days!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I ate 1500 more calories than i should have. Does anyone have any go to tips for the next day. Ill get my workout on, but fasting? Fruits?

That sounds like a good night to me :sunglasses:

Were you over your weekly calories? Remember even if your diary is set for a 0.5lb a week loss that is 1750 calories over the week.

I save 150ish calories most days for weekends. It is the weekly calories that really matter not the daily.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What they all said. Don't worry about it. It isn't the end of the world. Even if your deficit is only 250 calories/day (.5 lbs/week), you will still come out slightly under for the week if you hit your target the rest of the week.

If you aren't very hungry today, eat a little less. Otherwise, just go back to your regular diet. If you eat way too little today, you may end up hungry tomorrow, which will just set you up for another bad day.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon once in a while. Nothing to do but climb back on
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options

That sounds like a good night to me :sunglasses:

Were you over your weekly calories? Remember even if your diary is set for a 0.5lb a week loss that is 1750 calories over the week.

I save 150ish calories most days for weekends. It is the weekly calories that really matter not the daily.

How do I get it to show me my weekly
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I don't fast, no. After a day like that however, I'll usually find that I'm still pretty full so I end up eating less overall just because of that.

You'll see the scale go up for a few days so don't freak out. Just carry on as usual and it will fall back off.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You could also think about taking an extra 200 hundred calories off per day...if you have the space
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Go to 'Reports' at the top, select net calories, then the 7 day view.

It doesn't give you a total but it's easy to see how the week has gone.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I found trying to fix a bad night, is a road to ruin.It will easily be overcome by eating as usual in a few days.
    Trying to out exercise it, or taking a 'fasting' day, is not a good mindset. Many people can give you specifics about why, but for me..I succeeded at MFP and counting calories by being consistent on a day to day basis. The more I ate at close to the target, the better my results. Veering too much one way, and then trying to fix it the next day brought me back closer to the way I used to diet....which never worked.
    My exercise routine is much the same. Taking a few extra minutes on the cardio machine, or adding a few km is something i do when my body is up to it, and there is a reason for it. I am able to maintain my fitness routine because I enjoy it, its not punishing, and I look forward to it.
  • candythorns
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »

Thanks! I logged in on chrome to see it. But then found it in my android app (nutrition tab)

Shows i averaged 1600 which still puts me at a lb loss each week :)
  • candythorns
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Everyone has been super helpful, thank you for your replies
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. If you want to eat a little lighter today then that's fine, but don't do it to punish yourself. Today is a new day. Just log it and move on.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »

Thanks! I logged in on chrome to see it. But then found it in my android app (nutrition tab)

Shows i averaged 1600 which still puts me at a lb loss each week :)

The chart is only available on the phone apps
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I had a "bad" two weeks over Christmas. I just ate whatever was around and stopped logging. I drank a lot of wine and ate a lot of dessert. I didn't weigh myself for about a week after and discovered a 5 pound weight gain. I just went back to logging calories and sticking to my budget, and I have lost the 5 pounds plus two more since then. I think a day or a week won't hurt in the long run as long as you get back to it. By the way, I don't regret my two week break at all. Everything tasted really good! I knew I'd gain a little, and I knew that I now know how to take it off.