Medication

Options
Hi, Was on here 2014 and lost 2 stone plus. I was put on medication and all my hard work has come undone. I am trying this again. Eating healthily throughout the day. But as soon as I take my meds (have to be taken at night) I am starving hungry.. I crave sweets/cakes etc. I have got most of the stuff hidden away but have children so have sweet stuff in house. I can eat and eat and wake up with packets around me. Has anyone else had a problem with medication. I am determined to lose the weight again. Just wondered if anyone has any similar situations
Thanks in advance

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Starving hungry, or craving cake... they're not the same thing?
  • megb9010
    megb9010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya..

I sympathise you in a way has my meds which i take have made me gain weight unfortunately! However i already craved these things before not because my meds..
    Its about learning to tame your tongue :-) add me and we can help each other?
    I also have a son and have found that you can substitute all these things such as apples are sweet and you can cut them thin and bake them? Or make yoghurt lollies.. x
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I had this problem. I was 125 lbs. Then I was put on an anti-depressant that helps with insomnia and migraine headaches. I went all the way up to 212 on that medication. I really tried so hard to stay within my calorie limit, but I think I was just so hungry that I ate more than I should have. It wasn't until I came off the medicine, which was a month ago that I was able to start losing weight.

I know the advice on here is "Just eat in your calorie range". Easier said than done when a medication makes you feel ravenous all the time. It doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means it takes more willpower.

I really wish you luck.