I HAVE A PLAN!!

Options
So my biggest issue is working out. I just don't have the motivation to get it done. So I've made myself a new rule.
Before breakfast, I have to do a brisk 10 minute walk. Before lunch, I have to do a brisk 15 minute walk. And before dinner, I have to do a brisk 20 minute walk. 45 minutes of brisk walking per day.
Maybe I'm not receiving the benefits of a long endurance work out, but it's really this or I won't do it.

Now I just have to figure out how to handle tonight. It's game night and my sister is bringing her kids and typical game day food (because she knows I don't keep junk in my house).

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have a portion of whatever food you enjoy... have fun with your family. It's not so hard.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    weight loss happens in the kitchen.

fitness happens through exercise.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reinforcements guys! I appreciate the support
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    good luck and i may steel your plan , i need motivation as well
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Good plan! Fit it in where you can.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. Make a great playlist to help pass the time.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well yall. I broke the calorie bank. Back at it again hard tomorrow
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Also, there is plenty of benefits to small portioned out excersize.. No one says you need to do it all in one shot, calories burned are calories burned.

This! Also, splitting it up into smaller increments could be beneficial to sticking with it, dependent of course on your typical day. Whatever suits and whatever helps you stick with it :)
  • Beckydster02
    Beckydster02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the plan that's awesome. When it comes to family events don't b afraid to enjoy some. What I do is what I call nibbles or u can call it small portions. On the exercising part. If u have an event plan a small workout b4 it all starts. Say people r going to come over or ur going out at say 3pm. Then plan a healthy breakfast and lunch then plan a brisk power walk in between those. That way u might not feel so guilty. Having at least 2 healthy meals and getting some exercise in before hand helps. Plus as ur enjoying some try drinking water with ur snacking too. Helps keep u from eating so much by keeping u full too. Good luck
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    By walking those three times a day.. you may find the time of day that you actually enjoy and have the time to exercise. You may be able to roll it all into one time doing this for a while Good idea.
  • emileenapuddn
    emileenapuddn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea, and a way to make exercise way less intimidating, keep it up! :)
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    With exercise, do whatever you enjoy the most. A little is better than none. More is better than a little, etc. Also, there is some interesting evidence that sitting for long periods of time- even with a hour of intense exercise is not good for you. Being active throughout the day is key. I'll see if I can find a link.