Did I ruin my streak

Options
dniania
dniania Posts: 251 Member
I've been on a three week streak of no juice/soda/or sugary beverage other than water and milk but today I totally forgot and bought me a Bahama mama smoothie from Tropical smoothie and I only drank five straw fulls and realized what I did :( I don't know if I ruined my streak or if I'm in the clear lol

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Not sure who is really keeping score here, but I agree to log it and move on. Do it better tomorrow. One food or one meal doesn't define us.
  • NoNameJustMe
    NoNameJustMe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Imo an all or nothing frame of mind sets you up for failure. Not that there's anything wrong with sugar but if that's your aim, log it and move on, each day we get a clean slate.

^^This^^
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    you can make your own delicious smoothies
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You make your own rules. I didn't tell you to not drink those things, so how can I say whether you've broken your streak? (or anyone else here).

I do know that eating or drinking shouldn't create feelings of guilt. Who cares if you had some smoothie?
    Are you allergic? Does it cause health problems? If not, enjoy it if you want it!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Sugar drinks are gonna happen from time to time so my advice is to blow it off and stop worrying about keeping a perfect streak going. There isn't one person on the app who is completely perfect all the time.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    We're human. Striving for perfection is only going to lead to failure.
  • dniania
    Options
    I guess if the smoothie is sugary and was used as a beverage rather than a meal, you broke your streak. The question I have is, why do you care? What is the point of the streak anyway?

Promised myself I'd do 30 days of only water and milk
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    We're human. Striving for perfection is only going to lead to failure.

I'm going to get nit-picky and amend your statement to read: Striving for perfection leads to improvement. Expecting to attain perfection leads to disappointment and failure. :#

This is why were friends and stuff. :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    dniania wrote: »

Sincere question with no intended snark: Why? Do you plan to reintegrate them after 30 days, or is it that you plan to live the rest of your life without juice and soda and you're breaking it up in to 30 day milestones? I don't believe in elimination diets (unless there's a medical issue at play), so I'm genuinely curious about what you hope to achieve by completely eliminating sugary drinks for 30 days.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer that, you set yourself the "challenge".
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been on a three week streak of no juice/soda/or sugary beverage other than water and milk but today I totally forgot and bought me a Bahama mama smoothie from Tropical smoothie and I only drank five straw fulls and realized what I did :( I don't know if I ruined my streak or if I'm in the clear lol

Check the sugar content of milk
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I guess if the smoothie is sugary and was used as a beverage rather than a meal, you broke your streak. The question I have is, why do you care? What is the point of the streak anyway?

Drinks other than water and milk aren't sinful. Is there a specific reason you're avoiding them?
  • dniania
    Options

Drinks other than water and milk aren't sinful. Is there a specific reason you're avoiding them?

I've been drink sugary drinks since Christmas I wanted a month without any fun drinks lol that's all
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

In that case, yes you broke your streak becuase you had a drink that wasn't water or milk.

But, the important thing is not what you did yesterday but what you do today and tomorrow.

Are you going to use this as an excuse to beat yourself up and tell yourself? "see, I knew I couldn't do this, I'm a failure, there is no point in my even trying to lose weight"?

Clearly there is nothing to be gained from that, so I suggest that you go with something like: "well, that was harder than I thought. It's a good lesson about being aware of the choices I make each day for what I eat and drink".

Log it and move on.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

Well milk has sugar in it sooooo.... I'm not sure why it matters that you had a sip of a smoothie. You still aren't drinking soda which is a positive in itself. And as someone else mentioned, being an all or nothing sort of mind set is setting yourself up for failure. Something small like today derails most people that feel like they just threw away a "Streak" or some goal they were shooting for. Ultimately you need to adopt a diet and strategy that you can sustain for the rest of your life. For most people that's going to be learning how to have "bad" things in moderation, not avoiding them entirely.