Hello!

Options
toridorey
toridorey Posts: 30 Member
I just started this today and am really excited to start! I am looking to lose anywhere between 50-60 lbs (the closer to 60 the better!) I gained aLOT of "happy weight" since dating my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and I am needing to lose most of the weight before we go see his family for Thanksgiving! I have been on this diet called the Sadkhin Complex for about 2 weeks and it is awful! I can only eat fruits and veggies from noon-6 for 2 days and then I can only drink 20 oz of whole milk for the next 2 days (as in not eating at all!!) and I go back and forth until I go back to the clinic every 10-12 days!! It is strongly suggested that I don't exercise and I have to rotate these little steel balls put behind my ear on acupressure points to help with the hunger. This would be super easy and totally worth it if I was feeling better!! I know seeing results is not immediate but I should be feeling better by now! (I used to drink at least 4 Dr.Peppers a day and I haven't had any in 2 weeks!!) Anyway, so I'm doing this so that I can eat like a normal human being and that way I'm doing it the healthy way. (the results from the Sadkhin are supposed to be super fast but when I'm off of it I'm afraid the weight will be there in an instant since it came off that fast!) One of my cousins is losing weight with myfitnesspal.com and she did awesome (and still is losing/maintaining!) I'm excited and anything is better and more satisfactory than not eating and then only eating a little for the rest of my life!! I'm hoping to stick with this! (I WILL STICK WITH THIS!) :-)

Replies

• MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I have also just joined today and luckily i come equipped with motivations. In regards to the diet you have been trying for two weeks, I don't recommend you continue. It does not sound like something that has your health in mind; just quick results.

You have a large goal - 60 lbs - and the most important thing is not only portion control/variety but also great nutrition. The lack of variety will demotivate anyone!

I AM NO DOCTOR OR LICENSED NUTRITIONIST, but I know a lot of great substitutes for high calorie snacks and some great low-impact work outs for beginners.

I was at my heaviest of 201lbs and Now in the 170's; extreme weight loss must be done slowly and involve eating small meals 5-6 times a way. I still have 45lbs to go and plan on achieving that by December 5th, 2010.

Keep in Touch!
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to lose weight! You have to be honest, "garbage in - garbage out" approach. If you honestly put in what you eat and what activities you've done that day, you will see where to adjust your day-to-day stuff. Some days you may burn a TON of calories doing yard work or cleaning house, and end up with a deficit in calories. I couldn't eat that much in one day, so I end up eating dessert, or eating something high calorie the next day, etc. If I don't get any exercise at all, I can still eat a reasonable amount. I just don't get to splurge that day. This place illustrates the benefit of being active, draws a plain picture of your day's input vs output. Simple, practical, realistic. It's helped me a lot without suffering or making weird changes in my everyday diet.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    As someone who had tried almost "every" crazy diet plan or "scheme" I can honestly say that the ONLY way to do this is with daily good choices and exercise. There is not a quick plan out there that will work long term.
    You need to consume the appropriate amount of nutrience from each of the food groups and get in some physical activity every day to lose weight . . . and more importantly . . . keep it off.
    This site has been a godsend! I've learned a lot about myself from logging in every morsel that passes my lips. In fact, you actualy learn more about yourself from your bad days as it helps you find those "triggers" and fix them long term.
    I haven't had a "bad" day in almost 2 months now, but it did take me a number of months to get to this place. Im now putting myself first and realizing that the only person Im cheating by not exercising, or eating healthy, is ME.
    Good luck . . . and good logging with MFP!!!