Oh No, I'm Gaining My Weight Back!

Options
Hello, hello! I'm Whitney from Dallas, I'm 25, 5'4" and about 125lbs. I've lost around 40lbs and this site has helped SO much. I got down to around 112lbs and started gaining weight back... I ran into some financial trouble that made clean eating difficult, and I dove back into my old bad habits. I seemed to start shoveling cheap/convenient fast food into my mouth almost every day. I work at a restaurant, and any free food offered to me would be gobbled up, as if "free" also meant "calorie-free". I shamefully quit logging certain things I ate, like that would "un-eat" the junk.
But no more! I don't want to look or feel like I used to, and I'm going to log every meal, snack, and nibble. I won't understate my portion sizes/calorie counts and pretend I have no idea how I'm gaining. I'm fairly active as a waitress, walking around six hours a day, but I'll give my treadmill the attention it deserves too. And likely the hardest thing for me... I'll turn my diary off private, so everyone can see exactly what I've put into my body that day. It's tough, and I'll probably have days where I feel embarrassed, but perhaps that'll be motivation not to eat that burger or those free chicken tenders.
So, feel free to add me if you please. I wish you the best and may all your efforts be rewarded!

Replies

• FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    Been there, done that. I know it us difficult, but you have done the right thing by seeing it happen, and realizing it is. I used to be in the Chicago area, but now in North Texas, so my morning runs went from daily to non existent :mad: But over the last 5 weeks, I have started running (be it a little) again. My goal is to keep in the habit of running so that when fall and winter arrive here, I can kick into gear. So with that said, I will send you a friend request and feel free to accept or not. But bottom line, is that you are doing the right thing and regaining control. Either way, good luck to you!
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney, I'm 5'4" as well, but my goal is 120lbs. It seems 108lbs is a little low, but if that's your goal then good luck to you. But it is good that you noticed your unhealthy eating before you gained to much weight back. So that's great that you will open up your diary and let people see what your eating and be accountable. My diary is open as well if you want to look at mine. If you want to add me as a friend feel free, I am more than willing to motivate you and help keep you in the right direction. So I hope you reach your goal.
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    Hey,
    First of all, congrats on your initial weight loss!!
    I'm Amoy and I'm only 6 pounds down to my goal of 40 lbs off.
    It's great that you at least recognize the signs of your old habits and behaviors coming back and are being completely honest to yourself about what will happen if you continue. I haven't reached my goal yet, so I can't relate completely, but I have lost weight and gained half of it back in the past and its the hardest thing to admit that you've fallen off the weight loss boat and are falling into "that" way of living again. On the bright side, its awesome that your back on MFP logging and tracking your foods and activity to maintain your weight and keep up the healthy living. To maintain a weight of 108 lbs at 1200 calories (minimum amount recommeded for woman) may be a little bit different but if most of your calories come from fruits vegetables lean meats and healthy fats I don't see why not. Just make sure to reach your calorie goal everyday (the transparency for your friends to see your diary will def! help your motivation) and you wont have to worry about your body going into starvation mode and gaining weight that way!
    Whenever I get tempted I always tell my self "an hour of junk food is not worth a lifetime of my sexy body"
    Good luck to you.