Any Whovians out there? :)

Options

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer Matt Smith over david tennat, I just prefer Smiths version of the doctor.
    Favourite episode has to be either Girl in the fireplace, silence in the library both parts or blink ( i know all my fav episode are all tennat front).
    Favourite character got to be River Song - Spoilers
    Favourite Baddy Weeping Angels (before they screwed with them i.e. the statue of liberty, i mean come on?)

Will be interesting to see the 50th episode, which Doctordo you think John Hurt is playing?
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love Tom Baker, Chris Eccleson, David Tennent and Matt Smith.
    Donna is my favorite companion, but I get sad when I watch the episodes now.
    Captain Jack Harkness was an awesome character and wonderful eye candy :)
    There are so many episodes I love, but anything with River Song is always on top.
    River Song is totally amazing!!!

I got my daughter addicted to it too.

I am totally psyched for the 50th.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options

I've introduced a couple friends to Dr Who and they're now obsessed! I definitely started them with "Blink" as that's my favorite.

Blink was also my first!
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9qfgtp5c21qii25j.gif
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Jaffa cakes, Cadbury chocolate digestives, Nutella, and a sonic screwdriver = PLATE OF AWESOMNESS :bigsmile:

bf094a8b-f491-4c5e-bd61-1277a915243d_zps66c1c390.jpg
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    W00t!! Only Cookie Butter could make that more awesome lol
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Matt Smith is great, highly underrated. I haven't watched much classic Who yet, but I hear everyone loved Baker. I did make the mistake of watching a few episodes from the 80s or so with the 6th doctor... they were terrible!

I totally agree about Matt Smith. I never thought anyone could be as good as David Tennant but he surprised me. He's brilliant and I will be sad to see him go when his time as the Doctor is up, which I hope is not for a long while.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Matt Smith is great, highly underrated. I haven't watched much classic Who yet, but I hear everyone loved Baker. I did make the mistake of watching a few episodes from the 80s or so with the 6th doctor... they were terrible!

I totally agree about Matt Smith. I never thought anyone could be as good as David Tennant but he surprised me. He's brilliant and I will be sad to see him go when his time as the Doctor is up, which I hope is not for a long while.

He's done after the 2013 Christmas special.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Definite Whovian here... been watching since about 1977 and, much as I love David Tennant and Matt Smith, Tom Baker will always be THE Doctor in my eyes.

I introduced a few people to the Doctor back in the day, and today, my youngest is a huge fan (her favorite is David Tennant). My oldest is a fan, but not obsessed. My middle child wonders how she is part of the family because she doesn't like to read, nor does she like anything even vaguely Science Fiction or Fantasy, Sigh... I guess 2 out of 3 isn't too bad.

I will miss Matt when his time is over in December, but I think he's made the right decision to move on. He's young and talented... it's time for him to try something new. I keep my fingers crossed that the next Doctor will be as much of a pleasant surprise as Matt was. (And I am in the camp that believes the Doctor should absolutely remain a man).
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Whovian checking in! I like David Tennant best but I do not dislike Matt Smith. I think Rory was actually my favorite companion because the doctor kept calling him Mr Pond unless I get to count Stormagedon and then I have to go with him for sheer cuteness, plus who doesn't want to be known as dark lord of all. Weeping angels are my favorite bad guy especially in the first episode. Daleks may come in second cause you have to give props to a bad guy that can continue to exist when simple stairs can defeat them. I have seen some of the older series but admit I haven't watched everything.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Whovian since 1980 here :-) Favorite Doctors are Tom Baker and Matt Smith.
    Tom baker and Eccleston my favorites. The 6th other baker my least, didn't want to like David Tennant but most my hate was biased by not liking Eccleston leaving so sudden. I have grown to like Tennant more and more as I rewatch it
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    me me me!!!! love Doctor who.. my boyfriend made me watch a matt smith episode, then... i was hooked..... tennant is my fave, and we are watching loads of old eps at the moment... watching number 5 at the moment... and once we get past that, gonna watch all the new ones through till matt smith.... i love this show.... and am always balling my eyes out... thanks for messing with my heart doctor.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Favorie Doctor: 10
    Favorite Companion: Donna
    Favorite Character: The Master
    Favorite Episode: Blink (although Vincent and The Doctor and Journeys End are both very close contenders because FEELS.
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I watched the first ever episode of Dr Who, in fact the BBC had to repeat it the following weekend, due to demand and these were live broadcasts, amazing stuff.
    The character of the Dr, performed by William Hartnell was very selfish, edgy and dangerous, in one episode, he considered using a rock to kill someone, who was slowing down the group, try that today, it also had educational content thrown in for good measure, dates, times,places were all grist to the historical mill when in Earth's past, it also posed questions about time and relativity, which made you think and although I enjoy watching the new Doctors, they will never replace the Doctor that changed my life,
    William Hartnell's Dr, was the primary reason I focused on science as a brat and led to my career in Sat comms and computing, yes ,I have a lot to be grateful for, thanks to William Hartnell and the BBC.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Like my new ticker? :tongue: Just watched this episode last night. So dumb, but part of me really hopes my muffin top turns into alien babies.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! THEY ARE SO CUTE! I would give up some of mine to make a new colony...

The Blink episode scared the crap out of me. ... and the Dr. And Vincent is my all time fav episode
    NOVEMBER 23rd cant come quick enough

also the DALKES make me angry.... just angry.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hello :flowerforyou:
  • fervc6060
    fervc6060 Posts: 18
    Options
    The fat just walks away.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who truly loved Eccleston? Rose wasnt my fav though... Donna and Martha were badasses though.
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am a Whovian :). My first Doctor was Tom Baker and I've been hooked ever since. Blink has to be my all-time favorite and the one that scared me the most. Out of all the recent Doctors Eccleston was my favorite, followed by Smith and Tennant.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Whovian here. Although I admit I haven't seen the old ones, I know there are some on Netflix but being French, no subtitles is a bit tough for me with their accents at times.

Actually been watching Torchwood in the last couple days and crying my eyes out.