Food advice

Options
Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice, can't find what I'm looking for online, hoping some on here can help.
I'm trying to be clean eating , so I can get my muscles more defined and to also look more slimmer, I have lost weight already, but wanting to take it to the next level.
Is it 6oz of chicken lean meat
With 6oz of Brown rice
and 6oz of veg.
If so I think I'm going to burst. Lol.
Can't find what I'm looking for on line. Im Needing food diary.
Thanks.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are asking. That would be about 530 calories.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I would read the stickies on this site.
  • AlisonAgnew50
    AlisonAgnew50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is the food quntanty correct of a woman. 6oz? Or less! When your weight training.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you don't need to just eat chicken broccoli and rice to lose fat...

have a small deficit, run a decent lifting programme and ensure you're getting enough protein.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You are feeling that way because 6oz of rice is a lot and would make you feel really full ( I know I find 2oz (weighed uncooked) more than enough - the amount of protein and veg sounds fine.

ps its not 'clean eating' that defines muscles, its getting plenty of protein and lifting weights.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Is the food quntanty correct of a woman. 6oz? Or less! When your weight training.

There's no set correct quantity-is what you're eating fitting into your calorie/macro goals?
  • AlisonAgnew50
    AlisonAgnew50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks folk, yep I'm lifting weights and doing lots of cardio to. I'm about the right weight, for what I want. just trying to get food into me, I'm not the best at that. Thought I would try and get the rice chicken or what any kind of meet I want and veg into me at lunch time. Lunch times are my worst time as I don't get a break to eat at work! So it's trying to fit it in.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is a vague concept that means something different to everyone who tries to implement it. As such, it is therefore not required in order to reach goals. Because of that, it's impossible for people to say if the meal you described is "right" since clean eating is so subjective and individualized.

Personally, a diet of chicken, rice and broccoli would get boring rather quickly and would cause me to abandon my efforts, so I would find the meal you described counterproductive to my goals..

You can eat any foods you enjoy, still lose fat and define your muscles. Eat a variety of foods, focus on adequate protein and progressive lifting.
    Easy Peasy!