Kettlebells??

Options
Does anyone else do kettlebell work outs? This app doesn't have it as a choice to put at exercise so i haven't been adding exercise to my diary.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you got your calorie goal from My Fitness Pal - you got a deficit with zero exercise factored in. So it's designed for you to eat exercise calories back. This keeps the original deficit you intended.

So logging workouts is a good idea. However, calorie burns from workouts are guesstimates (often generous). Just use something else - try circuit training - or create your own entry. Either way eat 50-75% of calories back then adjust (over time) depending on actual weight loss results.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do. Circuit training would be the best way to log it.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebells but I don't bother logging them. I only log my running, just because I know how many calories I've burnt running but no idea with the kettlebells.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Strength training of most kinds is a bit of a challenge (and somewhat tedious) to log. I never enter anything. Love kettlebells. I just consider my strength training workouts a health bonus. I log my cardio though. Have a HRM and feel a little better about the numbers I get (although I still reduce the amount burned when entered).
  • i1uhbike49
    i1uhbike49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log my kettlebell workouts as "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort", but as stated before don't reward yourself too much with makeup eating.
  • k2theSo
    k2theSo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fully agree with peeps above. Guesstimates tend to be generous. I log them at 75% of what I really did to compensate. I guess I get a fuzzy warm feeling of pride logging it o:)<3
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tend to do two different types of kettlebell sessions. I log my conditioning sessions as circuit training and my strength sessions as strength training.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Yeah they will humble you, and if not bump up the weight and they will humble you then. Circuit Training would be the best most likley due to the nature of a KB workout. the logging 75% rule is best for overestimating IMO.