How to detox/cleanse after vacation

Options
nesa98
nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok ... so I packed on like 4 lbs while on a weeks vacation .... the same 4 I just lost before going... what is a safe yet effective way to detox/cleanse out all the crap I ate while away?? Thanks

Replies

• nesa98
    Options
    I was thinking even some kind of water or something - I have felt very bloated :( and I suffer with ibs-c so having issues with that too
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    start fresh and don't worry about detoxing - they are a joke - your body naturally detox's
  • nesa98
    Options
    Thank you guys ... I have increased back to my usual gallon of water a day - just hope it helps with the bloated feeling bc that kinda hurts after a while lol .... and I guess I don't necessarily mean detox - but maybe add to the water??
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to add to the water.

Depending on how you lost the 4 lbs, it may go away quickly or not at all. If you lost the 4 lbs through serious carb/sodium restriction, it was likely water weight so what you gained could have just taken you up to your normal equilibrium. But if you lost it through moderate calorie restriction, it should gradually fall off once you're back to your normal diet.
  • nesa98
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Depending on how you lost the 4 lbs, it may go away quickly or not at all. If you lost the 4 lbs through serious carb/sodium restriction, it was likely water weight so what you gained could have just taken you up to your normal equilibrium. But if you lost it through moderate calorie restriction, it should gradually fall off once you're back to your normal diet.

Just through diet and exercise ... which I'm back to starting today .... plus more water intake ... I didn't get my full gallon a day on vacation but came close ....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nesa98 wrote: »

Just through diet and exercise ... which I'm back to starting today .... plus more water intake ... I didn't get my full gallon a day on vacation but came close ....

Does your GI have you on any probiotics?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Then it's just a matter of patience. When did you get back?
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MOAR waters!! Nice plain cold water. Amazing the difference that makes.
  • nesa98
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    A gallon of water is kind of excesssive. There is such a thing as too much water.

Yeah I know - I took nutrition years ago and 2 gallons a day is toxic .... I don't drink anything else ... no soda or anything - just water all day
  • nesa98
    Options
    Did you fly? I came back 13lbs heavier from holiday last year. Dropped 11 of them within a week. I just closely resemble a balloon after a long flight!

No we drove ... but I almost wish we flew lol ... hope this week will show improvement ...
  • nesa98
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I'm on benefiber twice a day ... other than that nope... we haven't found much that works well with me but I'm always open to opinions that worked for others ... my lovely dr doesn't seem to care :(
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I'm on benefiber twice a day ... other than that nope... we haven't found much that works well with me but I'm always open to opinions that worked for others ... my lovely dr doesn't seem to care :(

Then get a new Dr.