I need motivation! UGH

Options
carissa_08
carissa_08 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Chit-Chat
The biggest/ hardest part of me trying to lose weight is my motivation to actually get my butt up and go to the gym. I'll make the plan and set the time, but then I say to myself "oh it's okay, I'll just go tomorrow." Then tomorrow turns into the next day and the next, and by time I know it, 3 weeks have passed.
I'm so frustrated with myself bc with me doing this, I am now the biggest I have ever been and it's depressing. I'm really trying to make a change now bc I can't see myself being this big. I'm a small girl, so when I put on weight it shows!
I'm 5'2 and 153 pounds! My ultimate goal weight is 125!
Everyone around me always says.. Carissa you like fine. But when you struggle to pull up your pants and see your stomach hanging over them, plus you see some extra plumpness to your face you won't feel fine. No one motivates me. I know I need to learn how to do that myself but it would be easier if I had support.

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily need to go to a gym to lose weight. Control your eating and exercise at home if necessary. I know people that don't exercise at all and have lost lots of weight by limiting their calorie intake alone. Of course it's better to exercise because you get to eat more. You can do this.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Focus on accurately logging your intake and sticking to your calorie goal. Once you start seeing progress, that may motivate you to work on your fitness in the gym.

this is good advice..
  • carissa_08
    carissa_08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. You're absolutely right and I will definitely make that change ❤
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You already got the good advice on this. I like working out because of how it makes me feel and I'm getting stronger. Nothing like being toned when the weight starts to drop!! You totally have this.