Weight watchers

Options
Anyone trying to follow weight watcher on here?

Replies

• mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WW is a good program. It's just calorie restriction same as here but it's made a little simpler with the points system.

I lost a ton on WW several years ago. There algorithm is very effective. I never went to meetings though. If you find the meetings useful you should probably just use their app and tools because you're paying for them after all.

I use MFP because it's easier to track macros and I can sync with Fitbit. WW watchers was late to the game when activity trackers got popular. They tried to release there own product which got terrible reviews and they then changed there philosophy to try and push less process foods and everyone kinda slammed then while they were rebranding themselves. Their stock plumetted a few years ago.

Meanwhile MFP quickly designed there app to work with virtually any tracker and there interface never crashes and there database of foods is by far the best.

WW also makes fruits and veggies free. You'll need to track them with this app though because MFP is straight CICO.

Either program will work if you stick too it. Good luck!
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am. I've done WW so many times, but MFP actually works better in terms of helping me in the real world i.e. I don't have time to figure out the number points in crap. I use WW for the weigh ins because it keeps me accountable.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Just track your calories here for free, it's the same concept as WW