Help! Feeling snacky before bed.

Options
I have gotten pretty comfortable in my routine now. My body is pretty much used to when I eat my meals. But from 1 hour after dinner until bedtime, I feel really snacky. Sometimes, straight up hungry as I'm getting tucked in. I just ignore the feeling now telling myself, "YOU'LL EAT WHEN IT'S BREAKFAST". But I'd rather not feel hungry at all. What do I do?

I eat breakfast at 9am, get my lunch bar in at 2p, then eat dinner at 5p. I usually get to bed somewhere between 11p to 1a. If that matters at all.

Replies

• Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Some you have healthy snacks at home?

Something light? Like celery maybe or cucumbers?

Just an idea
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,945 Member
    Options
    I plan for a snack before bed ...

Might be a few cherries or some other fruit.
    Could be a couple crackers.
    Sometimes it is low cal yogurt.
    If I have enough calories for it, I'll do toast and honey.
    If I don't have many calories, I'll have a cup of chamomile or rooibos or lemon-ginger tea and a butterscotch candy (similar to a Wurthers).
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Some you have healthy snacks at home?

Something light? Like celery maybe or cucumbers?

Just an idea

Not really. Like, popcorn or something. I'm the only one dieting. And to be honest, veggies will go bad before I can force myself to eat them.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    the key to weight loss is a deficit. if you know you are going to need a snack save the calories. that being said don't go crazy because whatever you eat is going to sit in your gut all night. skinny cow makes some good low calorie ice cream sandwiches. you got this man.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    A little bit of peanut butter and a piece of fruit normally sorts me out.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    That's a long time between dinner and breakfast. Budget some calories for snacks before bed if you are hungry often. I am the same way. I eat dinner at 6:00, then fruit or pudding a couple of hours later, then a glass of milk or cocoa after we walk the dog at 11:00. If I go to bed really late and am hungry again, I'll have a slice of cheese. I don't sleep when I'm really hungry. Fortunately, I get a lot of exercise, so I can handle the calories.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I eat before bed always. Tonight i made a little ham sandwich. Yum. Lots of nights ill have a bagel. Not sure why i cant sleep without a carb filled meal before i sleep :P Just budget the calories for it, Like it prefer my before bed snack/meal more then breakfast, Or lunch if im headed to work can easily be skipped. Boom, Bed time calories ^_-

If you try this tho put it off until just before bed. Youll feel less snacky all night knowing your able to eat still, just not yet :P Eventually you may even feel fine, Drink some water and just go to bed and forget about it.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    With the posted times you eat, no wonder you are hungry. You eat at 9, then lunch 5 hours later, then dinner only 3 hours later, then you go 16 hours with no food! As in comments above, you need to find a healthy snack you can eat late in the evening that will tide you over until your morning breakfast. There are a lot of great snack ideas in the forums here. Cut back calories on one of your meals to budget in the snack.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Maybe have smaller earlier meals and a larger dinner, or do as others have suggested and save some calories for a pre-bedtime snack.

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're eating dinner way too early. Of course I'll be hungry 6 hours after dinner. If u go to bed that late u should push ur dinner around 8, or save calories for another snack.
  • faithrainbow1
    faithrainbow1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was just hungry before bed this evening and didn't have many calories left. I ate a couple of sun dried tomatoes (air dried, not in oil). They took a long time to chew and were sweet and pretty satisfying.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Try eating later or save some calories for a snack around 9ish
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I normally have chicken and srircha before bed or muscle mousse. Doesn't really matter when you eat just stay within your calories
  • biglouie7504
    biglouie7504 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have gotten pretty comfortable in my routine now. My body is pretty much used to when I eat my meals. But from 1 hour after dinner until bedtime, I feel really snacky. Sometimes, straight up hungry as I'm getting tucked in. I just ignore the feeling now telling myself, "YOU'LL EAT WHEN IT'S BREAKFAST". But I'd rather not feel hungry at all. What do I do?

I eat breakfast at 9am, get my lunch bar in at 2p, then eat dinner at 5p. I usually get to bed somewhere between 11p to 1a. If that matters at all.

A protein shake , fruit, or cottage cheese should do the trick I'd shoot for a protein shake
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I eat before bed as I eat dinner early.. save some calories for that snack.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    eat dinner later. thats a long time between dinner and bed, and a short time between lunch and dinner. i eat at 6 and go to bed at 8/9 LOL

but then, im also up at 3 am, so ......

i usually eat breakfast (if im having any) anywhere from 7 30 - 9. lunch anywhere from 11-1 ,a and then dinner at 5 30/6
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I keep back 200 cals for bedtime. I have a toasted sandwich of low cal bread, a light cheese slice, some wafer thin ham onion and tomato. a cup of tea then off to bed with my kindle. Reading has really helped me id reccomend it to anyone who suffers from night time hunger attacks. When I stay up late watching tv I find it hard to keep my mind off food.