Eating out wasn't that hard...

Options
2»

Replies

• amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I still eat out too but I take the buns off the burgers, no rice or pasta. I also eat salmon, tilapia, grilled chicken, steamed veggies, etc while out. I don't miss the bread or pasta with my meals. I am full afterward without feeling sluggish. Chick fil a also has grilled nuggets now in a 8 and 12 count and I get a fruit cup with it. I am glad you found a way to eat out without all the added calories.
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing OP. I thought your meal looked great. We end up eating out several times a month with family or friends and its too many times to just throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want. I wouldn't be able to stick to my goals. Plus, I'm not the kind of person who can starve all day and use my calories in one meal. My blood sugar would go nuts. Anyway, thanks for sharing :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I think it's a wonderful Idea!!!:smile:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    How much was that? I would hate to go to a restaurant and order something that's only 400 calories. Robbery.

Even if you are trying to lose weight you still have to eat many, many more calories the rest of the day. The bun isn't healthy, neither is the bacon, but it's not going to hurt you in the long run so long as your calorie goals are met. Should've ordered some fries with that and then had a 400 cal meal later on at home.

:huh: A meal is only a good value if it is lots of calories?!

My mom told me something about that mentality that I used to have that helped a lot! The food will still be gone when you are done eating... you still get the same eating out experience just with less calories by leaving things off.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    no, eating out is usually pretty easy. and fun. it's all in the preperation.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome that they were willing to make those changes for you! I agree with the money thing not mattering - I'd much rather eat a healthy low-cal meal than eat more just because i spend money on it.
    My wife and I both use MFP and love it.....we have been searching for a place to eat out where the calorie counts don't exceed the national debt.
    I think we have found a place where we can both walk away satisfied and not break the bank.
    Give this pdf a glance....I was pleasantly surprised
    http://www.olivegarden.ca/core_content/pdfs/olive_garden_nutrition.pdf

But then you would have to eat at Olive Garden :(. I'd rather eat my frozen meal at home!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I love that you can do lettuce wrapped burgers at Red Robin. I had their turkey burger last time wrapped in lettuce (still had whatever sauce on it) and fries as my side (because really, who doesn't love fries?). So delicious and still stuck to my calorie limit.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love that Red Robin gives you so many options to eat healthy and still have a tasty meal! I'm a vegetarian, and they have not one, but TWO veggie burgers to choose from and I can sub them into anything!! That was good enough to get me going there, but now with all their other options, I'm hooked. Usually I like to balance it out... I need some fries, but I'll happily do without a bun and have a lettuce wrap! My husband likes one of their different styles of buns, but will pass on the fries and get one of their other side options. I think it's fantastic to go out to eat and have a "fun" enjoyable meal but not go home with a ton of regret and unable to move :P
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks soooo good!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I prefer eating out if it's clean...

You know what I mean? Wait a second...
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    no, eating out is usually pretty easy. and fun. it's all in the preperation.

That it is. :blushing:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    There's already an entry for bunless cali chicken burger, which I'm a fan of. No bacon is wtf though.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    thats exaclty how i do all my burgers, chicken sandwiches. WRAPPED IN LETTUCE. got the idea of course from in-n-out. LOL. california girl here. but wouldve definitely kept the bacon. Just personal preference. It looked so good i could just imagine the bacon on it. YUM!!!!!!!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't eat lettuce at all. But that's great that you figured out something that works for you and enjoyed your meal.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think the robbery is that you probably paid about $10 for that.