To all those seeking motivation and friends

Options
I'm proud of you. You are looking to make a healthy life change and improve your health and fitness. Awesome.

It's a long road. One that requires patience, dedication, an understanding that weight fluctuates, and takes TIME. You will go weeks without shedding a pound, even if you are doing everything right. That's normal. Don't stress it. you will overindulge and eat over your calories. That's okay too. its not the end of the world, i promise. You will eat out, get drunk, and have lazy days. That's okay too. Just hop back into the healthy routine as soon as you can. Not the end of the world. I've lost 80 pounds and have 40 to go. Might come off this year, might come off next. no worries it will come off. a half pound a week is better than nothing a week. and nothing a week is better than a gain a week.

But only YOU can motivate YOU.

It doesn't matter what I do, what your other MFP friends do, what your real life friends do, or what anyone does.

IT. IS. ON. YOU.

YOU are the one who has to make the time to learn to weigh your food. YOU are the one who has to learn to say ' no thank you' to people pushing food on you. YOU are the one who has to make yourself workout. YOU are the one who has to, not only be tired of being overweight, but also WANT to make that change. AND.DO.IT.

YOU are the one who has to want these changes, and work every day, to achieve your results. No matter whats going on around you.

And YOU.CAN.DO.IT.

Don't make excuses. I cared for 2 grandparents that died, moved 4 times. left an abusive ex and then he died. Have kids. a full time job. a day that starts at 3 am. friends. a fiance. in other words ... a very busy life. We all do. Don't make excuses. Every day. I do it.

AND SO CAN YOU.

I do accept friend requests. But I live up to my screen name. If I see you doing something unsafe, I WILL call you out on it. If you have an eating disorder, I will delete you. I don't look at diaries, unless you constantly bemoan not losing weight. Then I look. And if you are not using a food scale .... will call you out on it. I don't click like for much, especially the automatically generated ' so and so closed their diary or worked out or logged in for x days'. Give me something funny to comment on, and if I see it, I'll likely chime in. I'm not going to tell you to go workout. You're an adult. Go do it.

And now .... toodles. It's gym time. Have a good day, everyone. And you've got this.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    youre one of the few .... lolololol
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Their loss then :tongue:

Most people don't want to hear that it's their responsibility; it's so much easier to push that pesky stuff over onto someone else, then when they fail, they have someone to blame.

It took me a few years to own up to it, but when I did, life suddenly go sooooo much easier!
  • tlopes2014
    tlopes2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Their loss then :tongue:

Most people don't want to hear that it's their responsibility; it's so much easier to push that pesky stuff over onto someone else, then when they fail, they have someone to blame.

the lack of interest in this thread, is proof positive of this.....lololol ;)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well, I liked it!

Gonna shoot you a FR, I won't be in the slightest but offended if you don't accept, I don't accept many but I like the cut of your jib!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Well, I liked it!

Gonna shoot you a FR, I won't be in the slightest but offended if you don't accept, I don't accept many but I like the cut of your jib!

my jib does have a rather unique cut.

that makes total sense, right?

lolol
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Well, I liked it!

my jib does have a rather unique cut.

that makes total sense, right?

lolol

Does to me.

My jib has a bit of a raggedy cut, probably a Friday afternoon special.
    But, hey, it does whatever a jib is supposed to do...most of the time, anyway.

(No idea what a jib actually is, something to do with saily boats I think!)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    a jib is a sail.

cause .... im a beach chick and know *kitten* like that.

LOLOL

do friday afternoon specials include alcohol? cause im all on board with that ...... lololol