help please

Options
i have been logging here for close to a year. i had my weight where i wanted it. i did not weigh for quite some time. i weigh, measure count every morsel i always eat less than allowed in case i messed up somewhere. i lose a couple of pounds then they are back. i exercise daily. i do take prednisone for life for a health condition. i am very athletically built, but want to lose about 15 to 20 pounds. i am feeling very frustrated. any help would be welcomed. j

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    thank you! i have looked at this a lot over the past year. but each time i read it i see something new. with my medical conditions i would guess it could be medical? could be overestimating my hot power vinyasa flow yoga. but eating and not adding back exercise, that should not affect it. i do not look overweight, it is just the numbers that mess with my head. i think i am defined by a number. i am so frustrated as i see how others lose so easily. i know i am 52, but i also know i am in the best shape of my life. i just want to weigh......fill in the blank.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    i have been logging here for close to a year. i had my weight where i wanted it. i did not weigh for quite some time. i weigh, measure count every morsel i always eat less than allowed in case i messed up somewhere. i lose a couple of pounds then they are back. i exercise daily. i do take prednisone for life for a health condition. i am very athletically built, but want to lose about 15 to 20 pounds. i am feeling very frustrated. any help would be welcomed. j

You are weighing and measuring food, which is great. One potential issue with intake could be that you might be choosing Food Database entries that are not correct (there are many that aren't correct). Are you verifying the food items you log against nutrition labels or online nutrition information sources, such as USDA National Nutrient Database or SelfNutritionData? Would you be willing to make your Diary public for a while so that other users could do some spot checks and provide recommendations?

Opening your Diary would also show what exercise activity you are logging so that people could review those entries to give recommendations on logging exercise activity.