Under 400 Calorie Individual Banana Cinnamon Coffee (Protein) Cake!

Options
hgycta
hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
edited January 2017 in Recipes
A couple days ago I happened to notice a product called Coffee Fruit+ Protein Blend by Fuel For Fire at Wegmans (you can also purchase it from Amazon). Quite expensive a pop (~$2.99) but VERY much worth it and I discovered it is PHENOMENAL in this cake recipe!

NOTE: You could probably make this using any sort of complete pancake mix (Kodiak Cakes, etc) but I've never tried it. If you order Lil Buff Protein Cake Mix try my referral link (http://i.refs.cc/rEGbxsMd) for 10% off, unless you happen to find one better but any amount saved is better than nothing! Also, you can go to Fuel For Fire's website for a coupon, $1 off 2 pouches which would bring it to about $1.50 each at Wegmans (not sure if this will work but https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0703/6073/files/FFF-_1OffCouponEmailEXP7-31-17.pdf?866438796206049818)

Ok, so I'm lazy and used Lil Buff Protein's Cake mix, but hear me out (and just look at it for yourself).
Cake
-1 pouch Lil Buff Protein Cake mix (any flavor I assume, but I used regular)
-46g (3 Tbsp) liquid egg whites
-30 mL (1/8 cup) Silk unsweetened almond milk
-1 pouch of Fuel For Fire's Coffee Fruit+ Protein Blend
Topping
-1/4 Tbsp I can't believe it's not butter
-12g (1 Tbsp) erythritol (I used NOW FOODS)
-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Nutrition
Makes one cake, less than 400 calories and about 42 grams of protein, 45 grams carbs, and 8 grams total fat. (not to mention 140% vitamin C from pouch)

Directions
Follow instructions on Lil Buff Protein's cake mix, but sub this pouch in place of apple sauce then microwave it for the recommended 2 minutes and 40 seconds. For the topping, mix together cinnamon "sugar" (instead of real sugar I tried making it a little healthier using 1 Tbsp of NOW FOODS erythritol and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon). Spread about 1/2 tbsp of I can't believe it's not butter spread and top it off with the cinnamon erythritol blend. Then proceed to enjoy the most filling, satisfying cake you have ever tasted.vh8jwxim42ol.jpeg
bq6jlmi5byn2.jpeg

Replies