Body Squats

Options
I saw a video on YouTube about doing 100 body squats a day. I am 60 and out of shape. I started them 3 days ago and could only do 27 the first day 30 the second day and 40 this morning.

Has anyone done this and if so what did it do for you?

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that, but it sounds like a good way to start. Eventually you will get to 100 reps and you will then need to find a way to progress. If you just do the same thing every day, then your progress will stagnate. If you can't get to the gym to use weights, then there are some progressive bodyweight programs listed near the top of this list:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just body weight squats?

It's a start but fitness training should involve more than that. If you are limiting yourself to BW exercises, consider at least doing pushups for some upper body work. Some light cardio, quick walking for as far as you can do it would also be useful.

100 is also an arbitrary #. DON'T get fixated on it. If you can do that many, fine but that # is probably meant for younger people. Do what you can w/o risk of injury or exhaustion.

BTW, I'm 66 & weigh 160. Have done 100 pushups, 50 dips and 50 pullups a day for a month in the past. I can also SQT 250, DL 330 and Bench 210.

I mention this just to indicate what may be possible for you to achieve in time.

Good luck!