Canned Tuna Recipes

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Snack of Tuna salad on Ritz cracker snacks ... make you favorite tuna salad mixture and dollop a tablespoon between 2 Ritz crackers. Have 2 as a snack.

Meal of Salad with lettuce, chopped vegetables and drained tuna as the protein.

Meal of 1 Russet potato sliced thin and either pan fried or oven baked served with a can of drained tuna and a pickle

Meal of Tuna cakes ... like crab cakes but made with Tuna, ... use a dry mashed potato (no butter or milk/cream, just potato) instead of crackers or breadcrumbs in the mixture along with an egg, scallions, seasonings of your choice and fashion into small cakes then gently dredge the patties through flour before skillet frying to crisp the surface on both sides. Serve with lemon wedges, sliced tomatoes and cucumber. 2 Cakes per serving. Makes 4 cakes

Meal of Tuna Salad stuffed tomato ... served on a bed of shredded lettuce with 2 saltine crackers and lemon wedge.

Tip on Tuna salad ... you can use ranch dressing or yogurt instead of mayo for the mixture, but you really only need about 1 teaspoon of mayo to make tuna salad. A little goes a long way.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I add Walden Chipotle mayo and put on rice cakes :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Queenmunchy
    Thanks! :smiley:

I also see pickles mentioned a lot.. when I've added them to tuna it's been divine!!
    Thanks for all the new ideas Gang! ;)
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My classic tuna is as follows:
    1-can tuna (whatever your pleasure)
    1/3cup - diced yellow peppers
    1/3cup - diced red peppers
    1/3cup - diced green peppers
    1/4cup - diced scallions
    1/4cup - diced celery
    1/4cup - finely chopped onion
    1tbsp - miracle whip salad dressing (to hold together)

• ktbwell
    ktbwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just add avocado and fresh lemon juice. Super quick and simple.
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Stove top Italian tuna casserole - add tuna to canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Add cooked noodles or macaroni and heat through. Top with a little parmesan and it's done!
  • MandyMarcus
    MandyMarcus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely smells kinda gnarly but i add paprika, one hard boiled egg and a little mayo and crush it all together. Eat it with a piece of wheat toast or add salsa and spinach if your avoiding gluten.
  • Spartan9878
    Spartan9878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hands down the best flavor is you mix the tuna in with some miracle whip and sweet relish. Miracle Whip not only tast better with tuna it has less calories and fat than regular mayo
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Instead of bacon and mozarella grated and eggs muffins, you can do mozarella, eggs, and canned tuna in the forms of muffins
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    With hard boiled eggs, some mayo and spices.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Make a tuna salad with mashed up avocado in lieu of mayo! I just do tuna, avocado, some pepper, a little garlic powder, and green onions if you have em. Super filling
  • twokatlover
    twokatlover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tuna cakes! I add egg whites, scallions, a little Dijon and fry.

That sounds good. And I LOVE tuna. Must try. Thanks for your ideas.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    tuna salad usually, or with cheese powder and rice when camping.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    1 can tuna
    15 grams mayo
    31 grams light cream cheese
    dashes of white pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper and a bunch of dried tarragon
    appx 240 calories depending on the grams of tuna in the can, which vary widely IME
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 lol. I mix everything together - 1 drained can of tuna, 1-2 egg whites, Dijon, seasonings, scallions and get 2 patties.

I like to put a light mayo/picamas (Guatemalan hot sauce) mixture on them, but have made other mayo based sauces too.
    rr47f6xksr9f.jpg

pdnqxs2oygj6.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1 can tuna
    15 grams mayo
    31 grams light cream cheese
    dashes of white pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper and a bunch of dried tarragon
    appx 240 calories depending on the grams of tuna in the can, which vary widely IME

cream cheese??!!!
    You Win! :+1: @jessiferrrb
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 lol. I mix everything together - 1 drained can of tuna, 1-2 egg whites, Dijon, seasonings, scallions and get 2 patties.

I like to put a light mayo/picamas (Guatemalan hot sauce) mixture on them, but have made other mayo based sauces too.
    rr47f6xksr9f.jpg

pdnqxs2oygj6.jpg

I'm so trying this! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • caitlinhicken
    caitlinhicken Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Basic southern tuna salad lol. Mayo, sweet pickle relish, salt & pepper. Sometimes I'll throw in some lemon and celery or red onion too. I use about a tablespoon of Hampton Creek Just Mayo. No eggs, no cholesterol, no sugar, but so good. Coming from a mayo fiend lol.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Tuna cakes! I add egg whites, scallions, a little Dijon and fry.

Yum!