Added synced calories.

Options
Umm... Hi, guys. My fitbit is synced with myfitnesspal app and syncs continuously throughout the day. It add extra calorie allowance to my intake and as I'm sure most of you do... Capitalize on it! But... My weight always goes up a pound or two, the next day? Is this just sheer gross weight of food I'm still digesting, or, is the feature on the myfitnesspal, flawed?

Any help would be great, cheers.

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    i ignore them unless ive done any extra workouts, or alot of extra walking, then ill eat some back, but fitbit is not 100% accurate, so i dont trust it to count how much i burn correctly, plus i already set my activity level, so those calories are already equated in
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    Day to day weight changes for a whole lot of reasons that have nothing to do with putting on fat. It could be the food digesting, water weight, or something else. The more important thing is are you maintaining weight on a weekly or multi-weekly basis. A weight trend app can help a lot with this since variations are normal.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You don't gain fat in a day. Its likely a combination of extra food volume and hydration/bloating. I've lost and maintained eating pretty much everything that fitbit and MFP gave me and had no issues. Fitbit will not adjust until you hit the activity level you set for yourself. I.e. I set at sedentary even though I'm not and let fitbit add back in my activity. Hasn't failed me yet.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It can take a couple of days to digest food, so "next day" weight gains are due to what is in your gut, not what is stored as fat or muscle. I don't mess with Fitbit. The only device I have synced is a Garmin Edge. I tend to think that all day activity trackers are more to make people feel like they are exercising by walking to the copy machine. There's something to be said for encouraging people to get up from their desks more, but some of what people are counting as exercise are things they would do anyway.