30lbs to lose and lots of muscle to gain

Options
Hi all. Looking forward to your support. I'm turning 30 soon and looking to make positive changes to my health and fitness. I have set myself the ambitious goal of losing approximately 30lbs and dropping my body fat % by half. I aim to do this by focusing on gaining muscle and improving my diet. I have a sweet tooth and work from home so have to get my snacking under control!

Replies

• jcpwag
    jcpwag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request. I also work from home, so I completely understand the snacking dilemma!! Lol
  • 4everdetermined
    4everdetermined Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is the late night snacking
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It is not possible to gain muscle AND lose weight at the same time, you have to focus on one and then the other.

Losing fat requires a calorie deficit
    Gaining muscle requires a calorie SURPLUS.

Thanks for the tip. I suppose I will have to change up my approach to my diet as and when I've seen good weight loss progress and am ready to aim more for muscle gains. In the meantime I will continue to do some strength training (about 30mins X 3/week).
  • Round101
    Round101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, ive got about 30 pounds to lose too! I think the problem with late night snacking is you seem more drawn to the wrong snacks! Im really going to try and cut it out as I dont sleep great after half a tub of cookie dough :-) Good luck x
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Round101 wrote: »
    Hi, ive got about 30 pounds to lose too! I think the problem with late night snacking is you seem more drawn to the wrong snacks! Im really going to try and cut it out as I dont sleep great after half a tub of cookie dough :-) Good luck x

Thanks, and very true - biscuits, cookies and crisps are my downfall!