Happy hour drinks

Options
Hi everyone,
I've just started my weight loss program and so far, so good. One dilemma.... the happy hour drinks

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you seeking to avoid them? Find lower calorie choices?

Many of us have experience navigating alcohol and weight loss. If you share your concerns, you may get some good advice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    bourbon on the rocks...
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    No reason to skip them if you build them into your calorie plan for the day. Maybe make some lower calorie choices. No fun depriving yourself. It's just having the self control to not drink a ton and then order bad food <--my pitfall many times.
  • aureliem1a
    aureliem1a Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Many of us have experience navigating alcohol and weight loss. If you share your concerns, you may get some good advice.

I'm not trying to avoid them, I still enjoy my drink but just seeking advices. I usually have a drink 3 times a week. I was also curious what do u guys like to drink.
  • aureliem1a
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    bourbon on the rocks...

Nice! I usually like mezcal in my drink
  • MrHillman22
    MrHillman22 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Vodka and sugar free red bull isn't a bad choice
  • aureliem1a
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    No reason to skip them if you build them into your calorie plan for the day. Maybe make some lower calorie choices. No fun depriving yourself. It's just having the self control to not drink a ton and then order bad food <--my pitfall many times.

Thanks Stella! I'm good with my food. I agree with u, we should not deprive ourselves. I go with red one, a nice draft beer or anything with gin or mezcal
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Shots of tequila = 97 calories! :drinker:
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    aureliem1a wrote: »

I'm not trying to avoid them, I still enjoy my drink but just seeking advices. I usually have a drink 3 times a week. I was also curious what do u guys like to drink.

Just my own opinion of course, but if I have to choose between food or alcohol, food will win every time. It's a rare day that I can fit alcohol into my already slim calorie allowance, so alcohol has been only a very occasional treat for me, for the last 20 years. Just not worth the calories.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Scotch (preferably single malt and smokey), neat with a teaspoon of water to open it up. :#
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda. With a lemon. (and a generous tip for the rare bartender that gets it right instead of bringing me a lime).

Less than 100 calories.
  • aureliem1a
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Vodka and soda. With a lemon. (and a generous tip for the rare bartender that gets it right instead of bringing me a lime).

Less than 100 calories.

I do the same but with gin. U can't go wrong with that one. And yes, lemon!
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm an IPA guy and of course I love Imperials which can be 200-400+ calories for 12-16oz. I just work 'em in to my calorie limit! Moderation! Best of luck in your journey!
  • aureliem1a
    Options
    I'm an IPA guy and of course I love Imperials which can be 200-400+ calories for 12-16oz. I just work 'em in to my calorie limit! Moderation! Best of luck in your journey!

Thanks! Yes, I love belgium beers a lot. I allow myself 2 beers a week until I accomplish my weigh goal. Cant live without them ;)