Looking for motivational friends on the journey.....I am looking to lose 100 lbs

Options
square2bowie
square2bowie Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Sarah.

A bit about me and my weight….At my heaviest I was 21 stone. At my lightest I have been 8 stone.

I grew up with a mother that was obsessed with weight and fitness. She had eating disorders. This led to me restricting my food when I was in my 20’s and being obsessive with excerise.

As I grew older I made a decision that people liked to damage beautiful people and that I refused to monitor everything I ate. I decided if I was bigger in size then I would avoid pain and disappear into the crowd. I also decided after years of restricting to eat what I wanted, when I wanted! Many years later instead of restricting I turned to binge eating.

I went through many fad diets, which resulted in me yo yoing in weight. When I lost weight I didn’t feel better because I had not changed my mindset.

As I reached aged 40 last year something changed. Doctors had told me because of a medication that I take I would not be able to lose weight. But I was also the happiest I had been in years having met my amazing husband and feeling that I was accepted for who I was. At this time I was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 and also COPD due to weight and 20 years of smoking.

In October last year I decided to use Fitnesspal, as it was the only way I knew that had worked before as it is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I watched countless episodes of Obese a year to save my life. I bought a treadmill to use indoors at the thought of walking into a gym being a bigger size was eek. I also started listening to motivational speeches from Youtube, such as Conquer. So far I have lost 21 lbs in under 2 months and am now 16 stone 3 lbs.

I feel something has switched in my brain and I want to become the real me. Life is hard but I want to be harder. The diabetes has gone and I have quit smoking!

My husband and I are going to our house in Morocco for 2 months this year and this is a huge motivation. I do not want to be out of breath every 5 minutes walking up the huge hills. I want to not feel embarssed that I am sweating in the 4 degree heat because I am overweight. I also want to wear the traditional outfits at my Sister-in-laws wedding and go to a normal shop there to get one!

So if you are also on a journey of self discovery and looking for someone to share the journey I would love you to add me as a friend. It is going to be a long journey and we need the support of people to get through lifes challenges!

Replies