24 weeks Pregnant

Options
Hello also pregnant and not trying to gain anymore just maintain. I'm 5'6 177lbs when I found out I was pregnant and now 186 at 24 weeks. Doctor said to only gain 10-15 pounds. Just started to eat healthy. Cravings are so bad with this pregnancy. Waiting on my treadmill to come in so I can at least walk more

Replies

• Road2One8
    Road2One8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello were in a similar boat :) add me
  • riahoffman
    riahoffman Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am 5'6 and was 140lbs when I started dating my husband in 2011, 155lbs when I got married in 2013 and 180lbs when I got pregnant in 2014 and have been struggling with PCOS for about 10 years now. I gained a total of 55lbs with my daughter but the majority of the weight was gained in the 1st and 2nd trimester (only about 5lbs in the 3rd).

The day after I gave birth to my 8lb 4oz beautiful baby girl in 2015 I was down 13lbs. When I walked out of the hospital 2 day after birth I was down 20lbs. At my 6 week visit I was down 40lbs. So, the first 40lbs lost were a breeze. Over the course of the next 12 months I dropped another 5 and was able to maintain the 45lb weight loss without really trying - no dieting and minimal exercise (2x per week). She weaned around 12 months and 25lbs of weight came back with a vengeance - like, in 2 months.

My advice:
    1) don't worry about the pregnancy weight gain because worry causes stress and stress causes complications AND it will easily come off with birth and breastfeeding.

2) don't take the ease of weight loss from birth and breastfeeding for granted. After birth slowly start incorporating a healthy diet and exercise routine so that when it's time to wean you're body can easily adjust.