Park Run!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    On weekends I either do a long run ( more than 10 miles) or a obstacle run through a park ( pull-ups on swing set, jump picnic tables, rock climbing, etc)
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There's one near me and I've been putting off going to it. All your lovely positive posts are telling me to stop procrastinating and just do it!
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Parkrun is great fun, whether you're a beginner or more experienced. I go regularly with my dog, there are a couple near us that are mostly trails so suited for dogs but I fancy doing a bit of PR tourism this year so I might check out some others that are within an hour of me. Really hoping to get my 50 t shirt this year!
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Did y'all participate today? I did
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I work Saturdays or I would love to do them.

I run the Riverside route at Chester-le-street on a regular basis as a 5k or 10k route but it is night times or Sundays mainly.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I work Saturdays or I would love to do them.

I run the Riverside route at Chester-le-street on a regular basis as a 5k or 10k route but it is night times or Sundays mainly.

There is an option to log your 5k times on the Parkrun website under freedom runs. It's handy if you run a full Parkrun route at other times (not sat am). Doesn't count towards your tshirts but nice to see progress over time etc.
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive been on and off for years. Went back in new year but a prev foot injury put a stop to that. 2nd one today since then. Rubbish times 36 mins compared to my husband and kids around 22mins. I find it really hard though. Luckily ours is around a nice lake and National Heritage house.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Parkrun is amazing! I am lucky to have one in my city just a short drive from home. It has really helped me connect with local runners and my times are improving each week.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Love a parkrun. It’s a great thing to visit as well when travelling! They are always friendly events. I’m hoping for my 100 early in 2021 if not by the end of 2020. I’m in the high 60s now
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I normally have bootcamp on a Saturday morning, but whenever it's not on and I dont have a race on the Sunday I do go parkrun. Yesterday was my 9th parkrun in 3 years and first since February so you can guess how rare it is.

Went to a different one from normal, one that is trail rather than on tarmac paths, and hilly too. Loved it, and smashed it. Granted it was a fairly small field but I came in as 19th lady and 4th in age category.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    My 6 year olds love park run, they do it
    Every week, I just stand watching them
    and drink my coffee