New here ~ Let's be fitness friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• s3rialthrill3r
    s3rialthrill3r Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I suppose I mean "success" as in not overindulging or whatever to the point of losing control like me. At least you can start from a clean slate. Or I guess that's just kinda how I see it? Though I know building muscle and gaining weight can be just as difficult in that respect, and of course you have your own goals.

So far, I'm at least trying to stick with it but need to shoot for my calorie goal more often as well as establish some kind of active routine. At least making it a habit to come on this site is a far change from what I'm used to. You're right though... it's gonna take some new habit forming, rewriting things deeply embedded into my brain. Definitely not easy. I feel like I'm at war with two people inside me! :P

Ah, in that case, I'll credit that to myself not eating food for comfort or anything like that. That isn't to say that I don't like something which tastes alright. I just don't treat eating like it's a pastime or something. In my mind, eating is great, but it's not the be all and end all of life experiences.

The new you that you hope to be will win out eventually if you set up the right conditions. If you haven't already, I would look at some of your old behaviour patterns and circumstances that led you to lose control and overindulge.

• becomingellie
    becomingellie Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks... I added you. I had to do the same too. I once had an account here when I was around 17 years old, believe it or not, and I tried to log back in right before I made this account and the +30lb gain did not look pretty. One step at a time! :)
    I'm starting over w/the intentions of eating base on my current weight (155 lbs) rather than base on my current condition
    You can add me

That's a good way to look at it. Feel like I kept gaining and losing the same 30 pounds over and over again. Definitely an emotional thing. Struggled with binge eating disorder somehow matched with not eating. I would not eat for the longest time, then stuff myself for a meal because I'd be starving by the point I ate. I think it became more like an addiction because of the feeling, the rush of chemicals to the brain kinda thing.

Then when I would lose weight, it was by calorie deficit. By basically not eating all day and then taking a 1000 calorie meal before bed. I used to get away with it more when I was younger, but now when I do that, I just maintain my weight usually instead of losing it. My metabolism is a lot slower. Lately, I've been munching on sunflower seeds and I think they've really helped me at least with losing a little. They've replaced some of my nervous habits and have helped me from overeating. I wonder if it's keeping my metabolism busy as well?

The biggest turning point for me was losing an active lifestyle in my childhood. I've never been the same since. I really believe being active is important and that's the hardest thing I'm going to have to overcome. Especially since my weight has gotten to be painful for my body, and being active hurts until I get some stamina back in me.

I'm not always the same person, forever changing, so that other side of me at least has a fighting chance.

Ellie must win this war!!! >:)

Ah, in that case, I'll credit that to myself not eating food for comfort or anything like that. That isn't to say that I don't like something which tastes alright. I just don't treat eating like it's a pastime or something. In my mind, eating is great, but it's not the be all and end all of life experiences.

The new you that you hope to be will win out eventually if you set up the right conditions. If you haven't already, I would look at some of your old behaviour patterns and circumstances that led you to lose control and overindulge.

• LibraLuv2684
    LibraLuv2684 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To all who've & will reply to this.....feel free to add me.....wishing all great success on your journey
  • jclinkjc90
    jclinkjc90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you in that I lose wieght and then gain it back when I lose track. And sometimes I gain even more than I lost. But, last time I lost 30 using mfp and kept 22 of it off. I think that's an improvement. This time I want try it with friends on here. My cousin jvanessa89 has lost 117lb using this app and is a inspiration to me.
  • becomingellie
    becomingellie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey as well!! :)
    To all who've & will reply to this.....feel free to add me.....wishing all great success on your journey

Wow, that's amazing!! Did she lose the weight just from eating under her calorie limit? I hope to be in her shoes someday. Just stick around the community here and I'm sure you'll make a lot more friends too. :)
    jclinkjc90 wrote: »
    I can relate to you in that I lose wieght and then gain it back when I lose track. And sometimes I gain even more than I lost. But, last time I lost 30 using mfp and kept 22 of it off. I think that's an improvement. This time I want try it with friends on here. My cousin jvanessa89 has lost 117lb using this app and is a inspiration to me.

• s3rialthrill3r
    s3rialthrill3r Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's a good way to look at it. Feel like I kept gaining and losing the same 30 pounds over and over again. Definitely an emotional thing. Struggled with binge eating disorder somehow matched with not eating. I would not eat for the longest time, then stuff myself for a meal because I'd be starving by the point I ate. I think it became more like an addiction because of the feeling, the rush of chemicals to the brain kinda thing.

Then when I would lose weight, it was by calorie deficit. By basically not eating all day and then taking a 1000 calorie meal before bed. I used to get away with it more when I was younger, but now when I do that, I just maintain my weight usually instead of losing it. My metabolism is a lot slower. Lately, I've been munching on sunflower seeds and I think they've really helped me at least with losing a little. They've replaced some of my nervous habits and have helped me from overeating. I wonder if it's keeping my metabolism busy as well?

The biggest turning point for me was losing an active lifestyle in my childhood. I've never been the same since. I really believe being active is important and that's the hardest thing I'm going to have to overcome. Especially since my weight has gotten to be painful for my body, and being active hurts until I get some stamina back in me.

I'm not always the same person, forever changing, so that other side of me at least has a fighting chance.

Ellie must win this war!!! >:)

Losing and gaining the same amount (or more) repeatedly is a pretty common occurrence from what I've read. I think the general takeaway message from a lot of the better nutrition and fat loss articles I've read is that the body is unable to cope well with rapid, unsustainable loss in fat. So, what I'm saying is that you may lose a lot of fat (probably muscle as well) in such and such number of days by essentially starving yourself, but your metabolism is still stabilising even though you have reached your target weight. I hope I have that right, someone correct me if I'm wrong. My thinking is that when it comes to eating for health, just imagine whether you can keep up that sort of intake you have (with slight deviations, but nothing too drastic) until your twilight years.

Muscle aches are alright, but pain doesn't sound good at all. Where does it hurt and what sort of activity causes it?