Frustrated

Options
Feeling a little frustrated as I didn't lose any weight this week. I have lost 1lb the first week and 2lbs the 2nd week. I increased my workout to 4 times a week and I'm eating less then my calorie intake net. What am I doing wrong? Should I cut out bread completely? Need some motivation and suggestions

Replies

• emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong. Weight loss isn't linear. You might have lost more water weight the first two weeks, but lost fat this week (while holding a bit more water) but the scale still reads the same. If you're at a net deficit, you will continue to lose, but that doesn't mean you are going to see the scale go down at a predictable rate. It will be predictable once you have done this for awhile and can look at overall trends. Don't cut out bread if you enjoy bread. Just keep accounting for its calories. Cutting more and more, especially of things you enjoy, will increase your likelihood of quitting.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to count your calories? This is where to start if you are not seeing results although 3 pounds is a great start. You don't need to cut out anything, you just need to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    It takes time. I've gone 3+ weeks plateau'd before. Google "Lyle Mcdonald whoosh" for a sane explanation of plateaus and what they are. The number on the scale week to week means less than the trends over months and maybe years.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    No! Weight loss isn't always the goal.. if you're exercising you could be adding muscle weight which balances out the numbers. Don't be discouraged. Just keep going :) don't worry about the number so much as body composition