BodyBoss

Options
Has anyone used the Body Boss program? What did you think about the structure of the workouts and the plan? Was it worthwhile?

I do well with structured programs but want some unbiased feedback.

Replies

• sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I actually just downloaded it. Start it tonight. I was looking for something that was more of a "body weight" workout. There are a lot of good moves in this I think and I like HIIT training. I am looking forward to it. But worst case, there's a money back guarantee.
  • melissa570
    melissa570 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here, just purchased it. Looks a little intimidating, but worth a try. I would love to hear what other think too! I am 46 and worried about all the jumping but going to start with the pre-training.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    it's just a bodyweight hiit program.

i don't think there's anything special about it.

You could probably google and find 10 programs that are the same or similar for free. There's also "freeletics" an app with a same training style, "fitnessblender" on youtube with a similar style, etc. etc. etc.

IMHO- I wouldn't spend the money on this program.
  • Stella3838
    Options
    I did the first workout last night and it was tough, but I feel it's going to be very effective. There's no way I can get the circuit done in the time they are saying, but it's a goal of mine now to get to that point. Sure, you could possibly find 10 programs on-line that might be similar. (Although I did some looking before I elected to get this and I didn't find anything like this one that interested me. I wanted HIIT and with mostly body weight and already assembled in more than a couple workouts.) Personally, having a 12 week program already structured in an easy to follow format is worth the money to me. I don't have the time or inclination to put something together in a way that makes sense. I am willing to pay for the convenience. A lot of people want something for free and that's totally fine. But again, based on seeing this and now using it, it's totally worth the money to me. Looking forward to the next 12 weeks.
  • BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got it, too, and am happy to read your review Stella3838. You cite the same reasons I had for ordering it - convenience. With this, I can take it with me to work, up to the shop when my husband's working on Jeeps, on vacation - and get stuff done no matter where I'm at, no excuses. I have high hopes for it.
  • Stella3838
    Options
    Exactly @BluGnat. I travel for work and this is already assembled for a hotel room too. Best of luck!!
  • bloved01
    bloved01 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of the pre-training program. I LOVE IT. Yes, it completely kicked my butt the first day, but I feel so much stronger and have already lost 10 pounds (combined with healthy, calorie-restricted diet).
  • Pixie__girl85
    Pixie__girl85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started the bodyboss pre training program, I bought it because I liked the layout of the book and how easy it is to follow. I like that it has the schedule right there for you.

I had also read good reviews on 3rd party websites.
  • babystreat
    babystreat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anybody seeing results with this program? I'm starting on Monday. Just curious what to expect.
  • bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also just picked this up! Being sent to me now - bought the bundle and did the first pre-training session today while my son had his nap. Not sure how I'll go with it, but happy to keep up with peeps on here? I was able to finish in the allotted time, thank goodness, but I'm bloody exhausted.

Cheers!
  • CherylATC
    CherylATC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How has this gone for you ladies? I've looked at it several times but I'm a little nervous.
  • trafire
    trafire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how you can add this exercise program to MFP? Like, how many calories are you adding in exercise?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    trafire wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you can add this exercise program to MFP? Like, how many calories are you adding in exercise?

select calisthenics general for the time you worked out -OR- circuit training general
  • bluey2
    bluey2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am considering it because I can't get to the gym as often as I would like. I would love to know your results!
  • allyblake44
    allyblake44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just purchased bodyboss - going to start the 4 week pre training program tomorrow. I'm currently 93kg (205 lbs) which is the heaviest I've ever been. Posting it hopefully will make me accountable! After the 4 week I will start the full program. So a total of 16 weeks!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just bought this program and started yesterday. Totally worth the money for the convenience factor noted above. I have neither the time nor the motivation to do it myself so having it all prepped was a total bonus. All the workouts are different - which I like - so I don't get bored. I tried others - like Body for Life, 30day Shred & 21-day Fix, but got bored repeating the same workouts. While they are all great, I need a little variety. It's like a bootcamp I can do at home, anytime I want. And the cost is less than what I used to pay for bootcamp. There are lots of videos and reviews on YT. One channel, I think it's Loseitwithellie - does the whole program on YT, so technically, you could just go to her website and follow along daily.
  • Hiplikelip2017
    Hiplikelip2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought it and started yesterday as well. I will have done it three days in a row because I don;t want to wait until next Monday (the Monday and Wednesday sessions). I will do Friday tomorrow then settle into the prescribed program. I know you can get lots of stuff for free but I like the way this one is structured. Also you can jump online and share, which means I am accountable - this is good. I thought I had a reasonable level of fitness but I have muscle stiffness already from doing exercises that I don;t normally do. That can only be a good thing because it means I'm doing something different. Look forward to seeing you on the Facebook page to see how you are all progressing (given we have started at the same time). Enjoy!
  • shanionie
    shanionie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 of the program. I did the 4 weeks of pre-training before thAt. I personally really like the program and people start accountability groups to move through the program together. I feel stronger and toned.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I got the book from someone and gave it a go for about 6 weeks. They workouts are proper HIIT as in very short and fairly intense, but 7 minutes of something 3 times a week didn't really make any impact for me. Doing it actually solidified for me that I just don't prefer HIIT workouts. I'd rather do steady state cardio and traditional resistance training.