I marched

Options
The_Movie_Chair
The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
edited January 2017 in Success Stories
This is not a political statement in any form or way. It is a post about joy and success.

Me, the obese lady who can't bend down and tie her shoes, I marched side by side with others. I wasn't sure about it when friends suggested that I should join them, but I wanted to be there. I wanted to participate in the women's march.

Away from home, sleeping in a hotel with tempting food around me; active days, far away from my couch and my favorite chair. I had my doubts. I can't stand for too long. I always feel the need to sit down. I don't move much.

I marched. I took breaks, found places to rest and sit down, but got back up and marched. It wore me out and I felt sore the next day but I did it. We stopped and visited friends on our way back, today we arrived at home. I went straight upstairs and stepped on the scale. I have lost another 4 pounds.

I marched and now I will continue to march on our old treadmill. Maybe not a mile, maybe not even half a mile at first but I will get better. I will march for myself.

Signing up here has changed my life. I just started but there is no turning back. I don't know where to post this.

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep on marching!
  • leastcommonusernameever
    Options
    This is great! good for you for trying something, even though it sounds like it pushed you out of your comfort zone!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What a great success!
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I knew you could do this!! Keeping marching girl! Looking forward to hearing more about your awesome successes!! And you've got people here when you need us. :)
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well done! From a fellow marcher in St Paul.

[edited by staff]

................and a huge NSV for the OP. Congratulations to you!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome! See you have it in you!!

From personal experience...

June last year I couldn't walk to my car without being winded. I was miserable. So I started walking 15 min 3 times a week. As I became less winded I added 10-15 min, by end of July or 1st of August (I can't remember exactly) I walked in my first 5k. Download map my fitness so you can see your progress.

Take it slow, be consistent and increase your time walking as you feel stronger and less out of breath.

I cannot express the progression from out of breath to walking miles built so much confidence in me, that I've added strength training and interval runs and I still have 75 more lbs to lose.

• aephidano69
    aephidano69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I wanted to march in New Orleans, but I was sick with a cold all week, needed to get better so I could get back to the gym and all that. But I was with all in spirit! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The great thing about this: now you know you CAN walk, and feel motivated to walk more, walk farther...you see how it impacted your weight loss etc. Truly fabulous.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yes keep politics out of this space.. it is ruining the fun of social media.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    sfa90 wrote: »
    I am very curious now, for what reason you march?

I think you're going to need to Google that. Explanations will surely get political.

I got more steps on march day than I ever have! Nice bonus! :)
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congratulations OP!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    55toccstcp44.png

Well done!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. You should be very proud!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • 123user456
    123user456 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!