Supplements from GNC

Options
What are some good male supplements to get from GNC?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You don't need supplements unless you are deficient in anything. GNC for the most part is massively over priced and is just rebranded as "bodybuilding" supplements.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Agreed, the only thing I'd actually use GNC for is C4/pre workout supplements. But I doubt that's what you're looking for. I'd suggest seeing a dietitian or seeing if you can schedule a nutrition consultation with someone if you're concerned about it. I usually just take a multi-vitamin, fish oil and probiotic.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins, fish oil. That's about it. I don't buy them from GNC, I buy them from the local store or Amazon because it's massively cheaper. You don't need supplements. Heck, most people don't need the vitamins, and some don't need fish oil. I don't eat fish often, and have joint issues which I believe fish oil (Omega-3) helps, so I take them. I also take Osteo-Biflex, but that's again for joint problems. Not everyone has joint problems and these things don't help me lose weight or add muscle, they simply help me stay out of pain.
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well not sure how the US is but in Canada GNC are strickly regulated by the Natural Health Product Directorate of Canada.

I generally find them actually to be among the better supplements. Transparency in labels, no hidden proprietary blends... plus they are too big to mess around with that stuff. I trust their products more than most and thats from reviewing formulas with a background in nutrition.

In general take a multivitamin because unless you are eating incredibly fresh foods from local farms you are probably not getting all you think you are. Plus, I assume being in this thread means you are likely having a lower calorie intake, this also means you are also receiving a lower intake of micronutrients (Vitmains and minerals). Plus' again in being in this thread good chance you are exercising which can certainly exhaust a lot more of those micro nutrients... minerals through sweat etc.

Beyond that I think most supplements can be considered goal specific or condition specific. If you don't eat much fish than a good fish oil is not a bad idea. I also like clean and simply Whey protein shakes... not a necessity by any means but certainly an easier way to add some needed protein to a diet of someone exercising... and its a lot cheaper buying a $40 tub of whey then 40 chicken breasts... but its literally just a convenience thing... if you can eat it then do so if you are on the run a lot and don't have a lot of time then shakes are good plan B to ensure adequate protein... especially for those that are exercising.