Do your pets motivate you?

Options
2»

Replies

• HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack/Rat terrier mix who never gets tired of "walkies." He's a great little companion, other than wanting to stop and sniff the latest dog mail messages on all the lamp posts.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    I have a Jack/Rat terrier mix who never gets tired of "walkies." He's a great little companion, other than wanting to stop and sniff the latest dog mail messages on all the lamp posts.

Pee mail, my dog gets so much of it!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 cats and a snake. Not really "motivational" types either. I use to have a cat that followed me everywhere but that was 12 years ago. My daughters tabby will follow part way and greet us .1 miles from the house and "lead" us back in, fretting the entire way.. other than that, she is only good for beating up other cats and dogs. I want a dog but if I have to move, 90% of places say no pets.. and while it's easy to hide cats, it's impossible to hide a dog.
  • DarkSinestra
    DarkSinestra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    My lab follows me around the house relentlessly if we haven't hiked. Lots of times I go just for her. She's finally learning to stay behind in my snowshoe tracks when the snow is too deep for her to get through.
    go6hhld62hbo.jpg

Oh, my goodness, what a view! I'm jealous. We've been hovering in the high 50s to low 70s in the daytime here, except for one week of 17. 17?? What happened to you, Louisiana?

I love the idea of your pup following in your footsteps. Like King Wenceslaus and his servant in the song. lol
  • DarkSinestra
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    I've got 3 cats and a snake. Not really "motivational" types either. I use to have a cat that followed me everywhere but that was 12 years ago. My daughters tabby will follow part way and greet us .1 miles from the house and "lead" us back in, fretting the entire way.. other than that, she is only good for beating up other cats and dogs. I want a dog but if I have to move, 90% of places say no pets.. and while it's easy to hide cats, it's impossible to hide a dog.

Hehe. No, I imagine not. I love when cats do that. "This way! Don't get lost!"

When I had an iguana, I'd take her out jogging with me on a figure 8 lead. Let her walk first, then put her up on my head and back. She'd hook her front feet in my French braid, her back feet in my sports bra, and we'd get to it. She was about 4 1/2 feet long. I know she loved the walks, because whenever she saw the lead, she'd head for the door.

What kind of snake? They're all so beautiful.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cat and guinea pigs here. Not good motivators.
    The cat will climb on, under, around me when I am exercising sometimes. Otherwise she would prefer to nap on my lap.
    The guinea pigs would prefer not to do things unless food is involved.
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    12593709_585913971572834_3955640873085991575_o.jpg?oh=e07a652be62478f406065cf580edce2f&oe=591069C1

My birdie pets only motivate me to eat even faster.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My pets are cats so they are the ultimate de-motivators. They sleep all day and always look so comfy and I am always envious. And then they want to snuggle and I don't want to get up.
  • DarkSinestra
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    12593709_585913971572834_3955640873085991575_o.jpg?oh=e07a652be62478f406065cf580edce2f&oe=591069C1

My birdie pets only motivate me to eat even faster.

Such an adorable 'tiel! They have such huge personalities in their tiny bodies.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My Aussie loves to walk/run intervals with me.

ygwfm99dd3da.jpg

HEY! I also have an Aussie! She hates working out though. Lazy girl by nature, but she comes with me to the office and to the gym, so that's something. Also over the years I stopped buying dog food and she gets boiled chicken and carrots so in a sad way we're kind of on the same diet, haha. Your dog is beautiful...my girl looks alot like yours!
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have a fat, lazy tomcat who is deeply personally offended by kettlebells and yoga. Also by any activity that does not result in me being at home to give him lunch and provide a lap on demand. He does motivate me to take naps, though.
  • DarkSinestra
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    I have a fat, lazy tomcat who is deeply personally offended by kettlebells and yoga. Also by any activity that does not result in me being at home to give him lunch and provide a lap on demand. He does motivate me to take naps, though.

You've never been judged until you've been judged by a cat. lol
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've got 3, yes 3 dogs that keep me walking and walking. LOL! They are 11, 5, and 2 (new guy in the house for 6 months). I forgot how active young dogs are. haha. I was already doing lots of walking with the other two. Now doing double time and love spending the time with them outside even in cold and rain. They are total hound dogs, so it is stop and go sniff with walking in between. ymebuqe42txc.jpg
    mqoj5cbnysyy.jpg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, I love dogs, have 6 of them. I used to have young, hyper dogs in the past, my border collie & I were in Flyball together & they totally motavated me but currently mine aren't too athletic, my big guy, Grizzly needs the most exercise. Besides taking them all to the dog park most days, I take just him on my bike & walks1vi1m4d8wlde.jpg
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    My cats motivate me to sleep most of the day, punctuated by short periods of intense activity for no apparent reason. 74xyrokz0yi5.jpg

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    xgfx9jp8i2zs.jpg

Absolutely!!! These two rascals are the best thing that ever happened to my health, we walk, run or hike at least 2 miles almost every day (not counting short potty walks). Dogs are the best! They get so excited to go out it's impossible not to get excited myself :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of this thread again as I attempted some exercise with my cat pushing against my legs, getting under me and trying to eat my hair. Cats don't really approve of humans exercising... although mine likes yoga mats.
  • DarkSinestra
    Options
    My cats motivate me to sleep most of the day, punctuated by short periods of intense activity for no apparent reason. 74xyrokz0yi5.jpg

So basically, your cats are a fan of HIIT. ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Our dog doesn't like to exercise due to pain. He will, however, chase street cats like his life depends on it if we don't stop him. It's funny to me because he's constantly seeking warmth like a cat. Every winter we move his bed next to the heater and tuck him in at night when we turn the heater off.

a1su6igr0v27.jpg