Fitness help

Options
Really need to work on muscle tone??????

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    In a particular area or all over?

I would just have a look at some YouTube videos to tone muscle and see what comes up and what you like the look of.

I was gonna try the 30 day challenges (like the ab, arm, plank, squat etc.) but I don't know how effective they are but better than nothing!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I truly started seeing results lifting heavier weights. I began about a year ago and switched from mainly cardio to doing the Body Beast videos with dumbbells at home. I outgrew my heaviest dumbbells and got a gym membership. Love my muscles. I now follow programs from Bodybuilding.com
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    30 day shred?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you dont really tone muscle, you can get a "toned" look by building/strengthening muscle underneath and losing the fat over the muscle. you can strengthen it and lose the fat by resistance training/weight lifting(body weight works too) and eating in a deficit to lose fat,if you are at a decent weight and dont have much if any weight to lose you can eat at maintenance calories, and do a recomp which is heavy lifting but it takes awhile to do. resistance/weight training will change how your body looks and you can look more "toned" if you want to build actual muscle you need to eat in a surplus of calories.all of this will take time no matter which one you choose, but lifting heavy improves the look of your body so much more in my opinion.
  • jayneway0317
    jayneway0317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the last 3 months, I've switched to primarily free weights with side dishes of cardio (instead of the reverse). My body is MUCH happier and I love the extra strength. I get my weight-lifting routine ideas from the website breaking muscle. I agree that the tutorial videos at bodybuilding.com are super!