Insanity -DvD

Options
Has anyone actually completed the entire insanity dvd and had results ? I feel like everytime i start it , its way too intense and by day 3 in the middle im like forget it ...

Replies

• lebafit
    lebafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just saw your post. I did complete it in 2015 and lost 12kgs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yep. But if you find it too hard core, why not start with T25 or 30 day shread?
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've done both the T25 and Insanity. I had a harder time completing the second half of insanity and found I had to modify quite a bit. It does kick your butt, but I liked seeing the progress from day 1 to several weeks into it
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I prefer T25. Insanity CDs in the second half are almost an hour long. I was in more pain than I thought I needed to be with Insanity. In fact, that's why I stopped doing it!
  • Hensonator1084
    Hensonator1084 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an eca stack to give you the energy to get through it
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The first time I went through the whole thing, I saw great results. The first two weeks were tough to get through, but it worked well.
  • jessiebethin
    jessiebethin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Insanity (week 1). I just push as hard as I personally can without hurting myself, which means I have to modify some. Despite this, my clothes are already fitting better, so I feel like it is worth it. i will let you know when I get to day 60.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    tynapea3 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually completed the entire insanity dvd and had results ? I feel like everytime i start it , its way too intense and by day 3 in the middle im like forget it ...

It was most definitely too intense for me to do it 6 days a week...so I did it every other day and still took Sunday off. It took twice as long to complete but it absolutely got me in my best physical shape since I was a much younger and heavily into sports. I completed it about 3 years ago.

Don't forget when Shaun T says to RECOVER...hit the pause button if needed to get your heart rate down. That might take an extra 30 seconds to a minute when you first start out. Look at the hard bodies in the video...they are all in the fetal position "recovering" as well.

I can still recall cussing at the TV when Shaun t says "Alright people - LEVEL 1 DRILLS!"

Good luck!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs doing Insanity. Love it completed both months twice then just started doing second month overt and over. Time is the hard part your body will adapt to the Insanity and Intensity.

Still do it on occasion for cross training purposes.
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed it yet but I am on month one, with two days left in week 2. It is hard but I think it is worth it. I already feel like I have more energy and my clothes are already fitting better/starting to get too loose. I'm still not able to complete most workouts right to the end but I do the best that I can. I also stretch on my own before and after the video and find that it helps a lot with reducing how sore I am the next day.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that you have to keep up with them.

Stick with it and give your best effort. It's worth it!