I just ate a 2 week old salad....

Options
13»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    That reminds me...I have half a salad from last night left in my fridge. I meant to eat it today, but forgot. Hope it's still good tomorrow. It was an asian chopped salad, s the dressing is already on it...they never last as long once they're dressed.

Dressing makes it limp quick. You never even get a day. This salad had dressing on the side and was a super cold fridge so lasted well.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    ilfaith wrote: »
    That reminds me...I have half a salad from last night left in my fridge. I meant to eat it today, but forgot. Hope it's still good tomorrow. It was an asian chopped salad, s the dressing is already on it...they never last as long once they're dressed.

Dressing makes it limp quick. You never even get a day. This salad had dressing on the side and was a super cold fridge so lasted well.

The only thing that might save it is that there's cabbage as well as lettuce...and cabbage holds up better to dressing...like in cole slaw.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Do I need to call for a welfare check today ;)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    ah, food roulette. You are probably safe if it didn't have any meat in it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Do I need to call for a welfare check today ;)

lol. Today was what my grandma called, serving mustgos. Those are leftover that must go!

So I had 9 day old couscous, mixed with this last Sunday's Basmati rice and broccoli, and I threw in yesterday night's half stuffed pepper to bring it all together.

Good stuff.