2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hang out with fit people dive into the lifestyle its so much easier

Lol not necessarily. Some fit people spend a lot of time in the gym (usually on their own) and eat a lot...

I would say, from my experience most fit people don't eat a lot of high calorie, low nutrient foods because they are working to keep a fit and healthy lifestyle and those type of foods don't really support it.

Depends on your definition of 'fit'. But for me, 'fit' means exercising and having a decent muscle mass, which means a higher TDEE... and as such, eating more. Especially those muscular dudes with 3000+ calorie TDEEs - hanging out with them is actually kinda hard because there's just no way the average person can eat as much as they do!

If you had said 'slim' though, I would have agreed with you. The slim people I know eat in moderation and only small servings of high calorie stuff... but I wouldn't necessarily call them 'fit'.
  • plumbcrazy70
    plumbcrazy70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    as a big fan of junk food that made me a big man, my goal was to change my focus...the words, "discipline" and "willpower" don't motivate me at all...I decided to eat the way I want to look the rest of my life. So my focus was on effort. because that's a word I can live with. My wife has tons of junk food in my house and for 6 and a half days, my effort is to abstain from it....on Sunday evenings, I will eat those things. The reason that I do it that way, is because if I don't feel like I'm living than why give an effort. For those 6 and a half days, I gladly trade my ice cream in for a protein shake because it fuels my effort for the week. Once in a while, I will get really tired halfway through the week and I will take 1 meal and carb it up...the reason that it happens is that the leptins in my brain are changing and my body is hitting starvation mode...the carb up reactivates those leptins and the metabolism responds.....the other thing that I do is focus on the 7 day calorie deficit. Not the 1 day. It didn't take me eating badly 1 or 2 meals a week to gain a bunch of weight and eating healthy 1 or 2 days a week to lose weight....it's a body of work, like anything else. Discipline has always failed me. Willpower has always failed me, but effort has always moved me toward my goals.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds weird but...........when you know the snacks are there and they are tempting you try chewing mint flavored gum, or brushing your teeth. I've even used Halls sugar free cough drops to make me not want something. I've also put treats in the freezer for later then thaw out a little at a time to meet my calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    We buy my snacks too but ask if you're offering me a ryvita or a cream cake.. who WOULDNT take the cream cake
    Are those the only options? For me, to lose the binary thinking, is important to succeed in weight management (and probably other areas in life too). I have stopped eating food I don't like, no matter if they are "healthy". Instead, I eat food I can eat to satisfaction. That is most foods, and I enjoy a variety of them every day. I eat meals, and only at meals. I don't buy foods I have trouble moderating "for the house". I only eat "trigger" type foods on occasion and out of the house.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    I actually like ryvitas I get the sesame ones :)

Thanks for all your advice, so far today I have competed with pizza, selection of danish pastrys and custard donuts and I'm WINNING! Not had one bit although I'm so very tempted!!

I like to snack a lot so my snacks need to be really low calorie.
    Bit low on veg so can't snack on them til next week because we need it for evening meals (carrots celery etc)

You've all helped me get back on track and keep my goal in focus! And I need to not be tempted or work it into my calories!
    And whoever suggested Jello i just found some sugar free jello in my cupboard! Woohoo!