Trying to lose weight but not eating enough, HELP?

Options
So I'm 18 years old and I'm 5'3 weighing in about 150 pounds. Since it's summer I usually wake up around 3pm and eat right away which includes rice and vegetables or meat. Around 6-7pm I eat something light like a bowl of cereal and a milkshake (banana with milk and ice). Around 11pm I begin my work out that lasts about 1 hour and by the end of it I'm definitely sweating my butt off haha. I really try not to eat afterwards because then I feel guilty. I understand I'm not eating as much as I should but it's just really hard because I'm trying to lose all this weight and by eating I feel extremely guilty. Any tips? Anything would really help! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• wblau1991
    wblau1991 Posts: 9
    Options
    Step by step:
    1) Figure out how many calories you burn a day
    2) Eat slightly below how much you burn
    3) Log your food intake (using an electronic scale to the nearest gram); measure how many grams of rice/meat/banana you're eating etc.
    4) Do whatever exercise you want to do (at this point you don't really need to stress too much since you are bound to lose fat pretty quickly just following steps 1-3.

It is when you get to about 120-130 pounds that your weight loss will plateau, when it plateaus you will have to either eat slightly less, start being a little bit more serous about your workout including strength training, and start playing with your macronutrients (figuring out how much protein/fat/carbs you should eat)

You shouldn't start doing everything at once because it is overwhelming, it is better to ease into it so it slowly becomes a natural part of your routine. Start with steps 1-4 first. This means if you don't know what is in your food, don't eat it because you won't be able to accurately tell how many calories you consumed.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Get up early, ditch what you are eating now and opt for fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and dairy. You are so heavy with carbs and light on the things that are better for you - fruits and vegetables. You should be eating protein after a workout to repair muscles. If you don't eat enough protein, you lose lean body mass along with fat.